Author Topic: Touratech accessories cost outrageous  (Read 8796 times)

Offline UniversityBiker

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: CT Highlander
  • City / Town: Oxford
Touratech accessories cost outrageous
on: April 01, 2015, 02:04:35 PM
Recently looked at Touratech as they are making /suppling parts for the CT's.

It is disapointing to say the least that parts and accessories are around 30% cheaper in Germany.
no problem you think but they have tied down their system so if you have a UK address you can only order from the inflated UK site.

I thought we were in the EU and we could order from anywhere we wanted................seems not

:013: :182: :024: :230: :172: :232:

UB

Offline MotoGpNick

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200XSE White
Re: Touratech accessories cost outrageous
Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 03:19:11 PM
Not sure they are allowed to do that anymore  :151:
Yam YDS7,Suzuki T350 Rebel,Kawasaki 350 S2, Suzuki GT550, Kawasaki H1B 500, Kawasaki H2 750, Kawasaki Z1 900, Suzuki RE5 (stolen) Matchless 350 Trials, Kawasaki GTR 1000, ZZR1100C3, ZZR1100D2, Honda 900 Bandit, Suzuki SV1000K5 SZ, Honda Blackbird x 2, Honda Varadero 1000 - Honda CT

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 03:59:22 PM
Have'nt they a base in Ystradgynlais Wales that deals with UK trade?.
Sterling is so far out of sync with euro at the moment, it may be the reason for the 30% difference. We can't get any value from the UK for a year now. A recent bike show in Dublin had a northern Ireland and a republic dealer side by side on the trade stands. A comparison  price of Metzeler Next tyres showed €240 from the Irish dealer and €295 ( when converted) from the UK dealer! That's a big change for us  :087:
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

Offline UniversityBiker

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 04:52:00 PM
*Originally Posted by MotoGpNick [+]
Not sure they are allowed to do that anymore  :151:
That is what I thought but who to talk to ??

UB

Offline UniversityBiker

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 04:53:11 PM
*Originally Posted by thetrecker [+]
Have'nt they a base in Ystradgynlais Wales that deals with UK trade?.
Sterling is so far out of sync with euro at the moment, it may be the reason for the 30% difference. We can't get any value from the UK for a year now. A recent bike show in Dublin had a northern Ireland and a republic dealer side by side on the trade stands. A comparison  price of Metzeler Next tyres showed €240 from the Irish dealer and €295 ( when converted) from the UK dealer! That's a big change for us  :087:
Yes they do have a dealer in Wales but anything from them is so much dearer than Germany

UB

Offline x11

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Highlander dct
  • City / Town: Lincolnshire
Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 06:58:17 PM
I recently phoned the touratech british outlet in Wales and asked why there was such a difference in price( from the continent to UK)  A very nice lady said she did not know, but would find out for me, although she was a nice lady she had a terrible memory and she forgot to ring me back with the reason. I was enquiring about two of the Touratech breathable seats(one each for me and my son),for the cost of two seats in the UK I could get three seats and some change if I bought from Germany. I looked on the internet and found an accessory dealer,(not a touratech dealer) on the Continent and asked if he could  supply and post to me, no problem,and its on the bike now. There was a small charge,less than £20,on top of the price quoted on the German site ,Touratech UK  were asking around £200 more. I don't want to broadcast the dealers name in case Touratech stop his supply or make him charge prices in line with the UK dealership but I'm a dumb old pensioner and if I can get myself a deal by spending a few minutes on the computer I'm sure you can.
Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 07:03:15 PM by x11

Offline bampy

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: DCT Highlander
  • City / Town: Cardiff
Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 09:04:19 PM
Simple answer don't buy from them it seems their main customer focus is owners of R1200GS

Offline MotoGpNick

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200XSE White
Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 09:19:01 PM
*Originally Posted by UniversityBiker [+]
That is what I thought but who to talk to ??

UB

Probably trading standards but it doesn't sound right, if no joy just buy from Europe like the guy above
Yam YDS7,Suzuki T350 Rebel,Kawasaki 350 S2, Suzuki GT550, Kawasaki H1B 500, Kawasaki H2 750, Kawasaki Z1 900, Suzuki RE5 (stolen) Matchless 350 Trials, Kawasaki GTR 1000, ZZR1100C3, ZZR1100D2, Honda 900 Bandit, Suzuki SV1000K5 SZ, Honda Blackbird x 2, Honda Varadero 1000 - Honda CT