Author Topic: Highlander DCT insurance  (Read 3478 times)

Offline Bike5rider

• Crosstourer Member
Highlander DCT insurance
on: March 31, 2015, 08:04:11 PM
Hi UK riders,  has anyone had problems getting their insurance broker to find a Highlander DCT in their listings?  Having a right mare on this!!!

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CRF1000
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
Re: Highlander DCT insurance
Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 08:37:51 PM
VFR1200XD might be worth a try?

Mine is done through Adelaide (BELFAST) via IAM all staff are very knowledgeable and mostly bikers themselves

recently taken over by Cornhill but the bikes are done separately by ADELAIDE

https://www.cornmarket.ie/product/motorbike-insurance

Worth a ring?

Ian  :305:

Offline Bike5rider

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 11:25:35 PM
Will see what the broker comes back tomorrow with and may give adelaide a call cheers

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 04:07:59 PM
I and some mates were with Adelaide previously. Their break down cover is not as comprehensive as say Carole Nash. read the booklets closely. Having told a mate the policy was a direct match to Carole Nash's, he duly broke down in France, only to be told that he was only covered in the UK and Ireland, steam from ears followed....
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CRF1000
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 05:41:25 PM
*Originally Posted by thetrecker [+]
I and some mates were with Adelaide previously. Their break down cover is not as comprehensive as say Carole Nash. read the booklets closely. Having told a mate the policy was a direct match to Carole Nash's, he duly broke down in France, only to be told that he was only covered in the UK and Ireland, steam from ears followed....

Hi trecker, i have 'personal' breakdown cover for any vehicle i am travelling in (car, motorhome & 3 bikes) in the UK.

If i go abroad on the bike i take out a one-off cover for Europe and big bike specific in case of ALL mishaps

Ian  :305:

Offline makarov

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: crosstourer
  • City / Town: newcastle
Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 07:45:40 AM
had the same problem last September when I bought mine. As soon as I said VFR1200XD they (KGM Insurance) found it.
Makarov,,,,,,,,,,,

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 04:43:17 PM
Hi Scotsy,
You probably have more features on the policy in the UK, its always boned down to the min over here!
When I broke down last year in France, I had bike, breakdown, legal , travel, health, european health card insurance policies, did'nt know which to claim from... and each says if you have the other's cover you can't claim from them
 :187: makes your head feel like a blind cobblers thumb
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

Offline hill100

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Highlander dct
  • City / Town: Glasgow
Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 10:32:34 PM
I had this problem last year, but solved it this year. On the price comparison site, they list the standard manual model , and the same but in the Highlander version. Then they list the DCT model, but do not follow up with the DCT highlander  model. If you look at each model on the price comparison quote, the premium is always the same. So I chose the quote for the Highlander version, and when you are asked to pay , you are usually put through to the company that wants your money. They go through the quote, and you point out that it is the DCT model which was not listed. They then say they will check with the underwriters : and come back and say that there is no change in the premium. ( well , this is what I did , and it worked.)£ 175 fully comp protected.

arab-exile