Author Topic: Crossrunner, not the underdog...  (Read 1872 times)

Offline michaeldouglas72

• Crosstourer Member
Crossrunner, not the underdog...
on: March 23, 2015, 07:21:31 AM
I have just traded up from a Crossrunner and, although the press would have you believe otherwise, the old model Crossrunner is a fantastic bike. One of the best bits being the engine note which the Crosstourer lacks. I've spent a good bit of time getting the Tourer suspension sorted out, no such troubles on the Runner, bang up the preload a bit and you're off! Don't get me wrong, I like the tourer but I bought a brand new Runner for £7k and the Tourer retails at £12k ish...needless to say my Tourer is not brand new!

Anyhoo, I had a 94 TDM 850 that I still say is one the best bikes I've ever ridden so maybe's my observations are out of touch. 

Online Stevensweert

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200 X CT DCT
  • City / Town: Stevensweert
Re: Crossrunner, not the underdog...
Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 07:24:02 AM
 :400: from The Netherlands Michael !
Tony

Offline wheeledwidewebb

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: DCT
  • City / Town: Ramsgate
Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 07:38:40 AM
Had an original runner when my first tourer was being serviced. Would of happily swapped, much more fun.

Offline MotoGpNick

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200XSE White
Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 08:39:00 AM
I borrowed a Runner whilst P&H did some work for me on the Tourer. Found it small but comfortable. Engine needed to be worked to get any zip out of it. I then borrowed a DCT Tourer - that was different trying to work out what to do with my left hand and foot ! Didnt take long to get the hang of it though.

I will stick with the tourer bigger and lots more oooomph!! :305:
Yam YDS7,Suzuki T350 Rebel,Kawasaki 350 S2, Suzuki GT550, Kawasaki H1B 500, Kawasaki H2 750, Kawasaki Z1 900, Suzuki RE5 (stolen) Matchless 350 Trials, Kawasaki GTR 1000, ZZR1100C3, ZZR1100D2, Honda 900 Bandit, Suzuki SV1000K5 SZ, Honda Blackbird x 2, Honda Varadero 1000 - Honda CT

Offline Dave56

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Highlander
  • City / Town: Grantham
Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 07:29:38 PM
Surely not "THE" Michael Douglas.  :001:
 :400: along, as to the Crossrunner, never ridden one but would definitely miss the syrupy turbine smooth rush of the CT.
"The more the miles, the bigger the smiles"

Offline michaeldouglas72

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 04:29:15 PM
I'm getting the hang of the CT now. After much misleading advice on how to set-up suspension I decided to go my own way! Found a really challenging piece of road (Braco - Comrie) and set everything to standard. The best result was to back front preload off to minimum and ramp rear preload to 6 clicks from hard. Rebound at the front may go up a couple of clicks but all else by the book. I weigh 14 stone and this works for me. Gives a decent level of comfort whilst keeping the bike under control.

The other top tip seems to be to relax into the bike, I've come to the conclusion she's not a bike that likes to be rushed!

I'm getting there, but it might be a couple of months before I get a "I love my CT" tattoo!

arab-exile