Author Topic: Hello from Angus, Scotland  (Read 1121 times)

Offline murbike

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: DCT
  • City / Town: Carnoustie
Hello from Angus, Scotland
on: March 22, 2015, 03:19:10 PM
 Hi folks,
  Purchased a second hand DCT model in January. Due to weather and work commitments yesterday was the first decent run I've had on it. When I bought the bike it had the Honda touring sceen and I experienced really bad buffeting with it. Fitted an MRA vario screen and now no problems :028: Had a fairly spirited ride yesterday and found the engine superb and using manual mode easily as quick as my ZX12r in the twisties. My only problem now is the rear shock. I'm quite a big lad(19 st, been eating too much haggis) and the back end was wallowing all over the place when the pace got a bit quick.Stopped a few times and tried different settings but no joy. It looks like a new shock and was thinking about Nitron. Any feedback on them?
 Thanks and looking forward to some experienced advice on the forum.

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CRF1000
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
Re: Hello from Angus, Scotland
Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 08:34:26 PM
 :400: from Lancashire

The suspension is OK for some members but myself and some others had the same problem as you have and upgraded the rear shock. I bought a fairly std Hyperpro rear shock (and fork springs/oil) which has improved things massively (for me).

There are some 'l o n g' threads about this subject if you utilise the search facility but don't be surprised if THIS thread descends into chaos  :164:

Ian  :305: