Author Topic: The Crossrunner on loan  (Read 2387 times)

Offline bampy

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: DCT Highlander
  • City / Town: Cardiff
The Crossrunner on loan
on: March 17, 2015, 11:32:46 PM
The CT went into the dealers yesterday and they gave me the new Crossrunner as a replacement I wasn't that unhappy because certain people on this forum believe that the bike because it is lighter is in with a good chance of competing with the CT so I thought I would give it a go.

Here are my thoughts for what they are worth:

The bike is much lighter than the CT but for me that's where it ends, there is no torque you have to use the gearbox to make progress with the CT it is just twist and go. In the twisties the CT is just as good as the Crossrunner  the bikes are in a different league the CT is much easier to live with.

Offline HEN99

• Crosstourer Pro
Re: The Crossrunner on loan
Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 12:27:52 PM
Must say am not surprised. even more so than the 1200 cc engine in the CT the Crossrunner V4 is a sports bike engine,  I cannot believe its at its best at below 5000/6000 , What the Crossrunner needed was a modern 800/850 V twin to give it a bit of character !!  :305:

Offline Farway

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: '12 Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Durham
Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 04:34:26 PM
Very comprehensive review ( :745:) but interesting and good to know. I don't think bamby is the smallest of riders (If remember correctly) so  (like myself) seems to appreciate the torque of the 1200.... there is simply no replacement for displacement! I cant sya I was ever excited by it. The bike looked real nice yes but on paper...no. I had the Honda CB 1000 naked on loan for a few hours and felt the same about the thing, happy to give it back. It was sluggish and slow, light and nimble but crap otherwise.
Its good to know we still have the right bikes!!
Tomorrow is promised to no one...

Offline bampy

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: DCT Highlander
  • City / Town: Cardiff
Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 08:55:26 PM
*Originally Posted by Farway [+]
Very comprehensive review ( :745:) but interesting and good to know. I don't think bamby is the smallest of riders (If remember correctly) so  (like myself) seems to appreciate the torque of the 1200.... there is simply no replacement for displacement! I cant sya I was ever excited by it. The bike looked real nice yes but on paper...no. I had the Honda CB 1000 naked on loan for a few hours and felt the same about the thing, happy to give it back. It was sluggish and slow, light and nimble but crap otherwise.

I think 16 stone is quite dainty maybe it's the weird mirror I bought from a funhouse once for the wife the review didn't need to be comprehensive because it was clear within a couple of miles that the Crossrunner is a totally different bike. If you want to be changing gear all the time to get any sort of performance from the bike then this is the one for you otherwise stick with the CT which has power everywhere 
Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 11:30:33 PM by bampy

Offline slomogadgie

• Non Active
  • Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Olde School CT
  • City / Town: Peternapper
Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 03:31:23 AM
*Originally Posted by Farway [+]

Or an engine like the TDM for example. Booth would be a good idea.
What do you mean it's raining....get ootside and ride the thing.