Author Topic: Hi from Milton Keynes  (Read 2756 times)

Offline ban666

• Crosstourer Junior
Hi from Milton Keynes
on: March 16, 2015, 11:34:05 AM
Hi I'm Ian 54, just sold a VFR1200f and CBR600 and ordered a CT Highlander in red that I'm due to pick up on Saturday. I have had to get the dealer to lower the bike height and I have gone for the lower seat height, very short legs.

I think I will also need to get the side-stand shortened by about 20mm to make up for the lower bike height.     

Offline steve

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: Llanelli
Re: Hi from Milton Keynes
Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 11:48:53 AM
 :400:

I haven't heard of anyone getting their stand shortened before !

Personally, I would have got a shorter bike.  But each to their own I suppose, as long as you enjoy it........

Offline ban666

• Crosstourer Junior
Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 12:29:41 PM
Steve, can't find anything else I like or would want, I've been looking for over a year now.

I'm going to shorten the side-stand as once the bike is lowered the bike sits more upright when on the side-stand, when fully loaded or with a pillion it is hard getting the side-stand down. The bike height has been lowered by 35mm, so I'm thinking reducing the side-stand by 20mm should sort it out.

Ian

Offline RoadRash

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Perth
Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 12:48:31 PM
 :400: Ian.

I think you might have lowered the average age of the CT rider by a year or two as well  :152:

A word of caution on lowering the side stand too much - you're right that this is one heavy bike and I found even in standard trim, fully loaded for touring that it takes a lot of effort getting it off the sidestand when parked on the slightest of downslope.

English is a tricky language - just consider the difference between "Free Alcohol" and "Alcohol Free".

Offline Stevensweert

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200 X CT DCT
  • City / Town: Stevensweert
Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 03:25:35 PM
 :400: from The Netherlands Ian !
Tony

Offline dentonlad

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR800X, NC700X
  • City / Town: Denton
Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 05:11:51 PM
Welcome. I had my bike lowered by 30mm and 15mm taken off the side stand. I feel it could probably lose a bit more as it is still a bit too upright at times. 

It's probably already being done but make sure that the front end is lowered as well. Initially my forks were put up through yokes by 7mm but later increased to 12mm.

Keith  :400:
Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Lexus

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: CT DCT
  • City / Town: Ghent
Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 06:13:22 PM
 :400:

Offline ban666

• Crosstourer Junior
Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 12:21:49 PM
*Originally Posted by RoadRash [+]
:400: Ian.

A word of caution on lowering the side stand too much - you're right that this is one heavy bike and I found even in standard trim, fully loaded for touring that it takes a lot of effort getting it off the sidestand when parked on the slightest of downslope.

Hd a Blackbird that used to d that, thanks for the warning.