Author Topic: ABS light flashing, no speedo, engine light comes on after 200m  (Read 7571 times)

Offline glen.molloy

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Crosstourer 2014
  • City / Town: Singleton
Hi all, I just fitted an Acropovic pipe sourced through my local Honda dealer. Had the bike on the centre stand to warm up and double check the pipe etc before a ride, whilst idling the rear wheel has turned and the ABS light began to flash. Checked the manual this is normal if one of the wheels turn independent of the other. In the manual it says to turn off the ignition and restart, light will go out above 6km/hr but it doesn't and now the speedo isn't reading. On the road it runs fine for the first 200m or so then cause there is no speed reading the engine light comes on and it goes into default mode. Once restarted the ABS light flashes and the engine runs fine, then once riding again the engine light comes on again........any one had this problem before, I've had this thing for 2 weeks and now 700km on it......I picked it up to find the front wheel had been fitted the wrong way around and the left heated grip spinning on the bars......not good so far.....any one comment please.

Offline Hartley

• Crosstourer God
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Northampton
Hi Glen, sorry to hear of your woes. I don't know for sure but I'd guess your speedo etc problems could all stem from the original front wheel mistake by the dealer. I wonder if they have damaged the wheel speed sensor. 
I think with the wheel and the grip issue, both fitted by the dealer on a new bike I'd be doing some very serious arse kicking.
Hope you get it sorted very soon.

Paul

Offline glen.molloy

• Crosstourer Member
Hi Hartley, I picked up on the front wheel when I got home...35km....I changed the wheel straight away no dramas. I now have 700 km which I've had no other issue, seems as if the computer won't reset itself after its restarted as it says in the manual.

Offline Elfy

• Crosstourer Member
First check, back to a dealer for a ECU reset / flash.

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CRF1000
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
*Originally Posted by glen.molloy [+]
Hi Hartley, I picked up on the front wheel when I got home...35km....I changed the wheel straight away no dramas. I now have 700 km which I've had no other issue, seems as if the computer won't reset itself after its restarted as it says in the manual.

Have you tried disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes?   Only a thought as some cars need it doing to clear their memories etc

Ian  :305:

Offline glen.molloy

• Crosstourer Member
Hi Elfy,

yep onto the dealership tomorrow to come and pick it up

Hi Ian,

tried that one already and no change

Offline glen.molloy

• Crosstourer Member
Hi everyone.......bit of feedback, faulty front wheel sensor (ABS/Speed)......should have it back by the weekend all going well. Can't complain about the dealer at all, they picked the bike up (40min drive one way) found the fault, can't get parts for 8-10 days so he ordered a new bike which they will remove the sensor and put on mine before its assembled as it will only take 2 days to get a full bike. Then return the bike to my place.

Offline justin

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: DCT
  • City / Town: Cheshire
Great news Glen   :047: