Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Miles to go indication  (Read 3439 times)

Offline bampy

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: DCT Highlander
  • City / Town: Cardiff
Miles to go indication
« on: February 26, 2015, 12:40:22 AM »
Don't put much reliance on how far you can ride once the fuel indication starts flashing and gives you an estimate of how far you can travel before the fuel runs out. I was commuting from work and the bike indicated 11 miles range. Got home and the bike died through lack of fuel still indicating 11 miles I don't normally do this but as I was close to home I thought I would see how accurate it was and the conclusion is it is not to be relied on. From now on I will fill up once I get to an indicated half tank.

Offline troops

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Two wheeled adventurer
  • Bike: vfr1200x
  • City / Town: Jimboomba
Re: Miles to go indication
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 07:47:36 AM »
Good you made it home . I wouldn't want to push it far. I found it to be very accurate at steady highway  speeds but not so around town. Now I use the liters to empty function around town but haven't had a chance to test it.

Offline pistolpete

• Crosstourer Member
  • keep er lit
  • Bike: vfr1200X DCT
  • City / Town: Holywood
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 11:31:28 AM »
I have rode mine several times when the fuel indication has stopped using numbers and all you see is this -- flashing and ive made it a few miles to the petrol station, when i leave the house it will say 40 miles left but after a few miles it seems to drop real fast, if I remember I was able to squeeze just under 20L into the tank

Offline HEN99

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 03:26:58 PM »
Does make you wonder why we can send a spacecraft to Mars , but Honda cannot get accurate readings on a top of the range motorcycle    :084:- Or perhaps they can but have reasons not to  :151: Ok we all know the speedo over-reads by about 10% - Now this is I guess , So the bike appears more economical than it is , but the problem with the remaining fuel countdown - is different . the range does seem to vary from rider to rider and how the bike was being used up to the point at which the computer decides to kick in the reserve warning. I have managed 25miles riding at minimal throttle but would not choose to go any further unless I had to  :305:

Offline Lexus

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: CT DCT
  • City / Town: Ghent
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 05:17:27 PM »
For this i must redirect you to my post at accessoires and products
>> Modifications 

Just in case i made a backup  :015:

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • CRF1000l Africa Twin
  • Bike: CRF1000
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 10:23:51 PM »
I can confirm the fuel tank can take 21 litres from bone dry (don't ask how I know :164:)

Offline troops

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Two wheeled adventurer
  • Bike: vfr1200x
  • City / Town: Jimboomba
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 11:57:22 PM »
Having recently stepped off a dr650, having a fuel gauge is still a novelty for me. Not to mention having a windscreen, no oily chain and a reasonably comfy seat. Can't remember how many times I forgot to reset the trip meter on the dr when I fuelled up. Added a bit of excitement to every trip. Feeling rather spoilt now.

Offline MotoGpNick

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200XSE White
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 08:19:11 AM »
I am a coward and look for a filling station when it hits 2 bars, although yesterday it went to 1 bar about 2 miles before my planned stop.  :305:
Yam YDS7,Suzuki T350 Rebel,Kawasaki 350 S2, Suzuki GT550, Kawasaki H1B 500, Kawasaki H2 750, Kawasaki Z1 900, Suzuki RE5 (stolen) Matchless 350 Trials, Kawasaki GTR 1000, ZZR1100C3, ZZR1100D2, Honda 900 Bandit, Suzuki SV1000K5 SZ, Honda Blackbird x 2, Honda Varadero 1000 - Honda CT