P1130474

Views: 350
Posted by: LP
in: LP
Col de Puymorens, Pyrenees

Views: 235
Posted by: andyrob
in: andyrob

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Say what you like....but!  (Read 988 times)

Offline slomogadgie

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Olde School CT
  • City / Town: Peternapper
Say what you like....but!
« on: February 11, 2015, 10:32:32 AM »
The CT is a reliable bike...or at least I think so (ok shocks etc blah blah blah!)

Went into the garage today and stuck the key in and turned it, pushed the starter and guess what.....it started.

It's been sitting for months and never turned a wheel. No trickle charge....just sitting there waiting for me lol!
What do you mean it's raining....get ootside and ride the thing.

Offline HEN99

• Crosstourer Pro
Re: Say what you like....but!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 12:25:04 PM »
Yup , know what you mean , thing is :- is the CT the nearest two wheel  equivalent to a car????  Ok it is an idea to check your tyres  and brakes once a week or so  because you cannot get away with poor tyres on a bike , but apart from that cannot see any reason why  the bike will not last like a car. 
What p/x on a CT with 100k on the clock anybody??? :305:

Offline ukstu

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Warrington
Re: Say what you like....but!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 01:21:33 PM »
Agree, that's worth a lot to me.  I had a Ducati with a datatool alarm a few years ago; starting after standing (even with an Optimate) for a week was a lottery.

Have to say my 2001 VFR800 has been exactly the same for the 4 years I have owned it. One of the main reasons I stayed with Honda and went for the CT

arab-exile