IMG 0969 1 EICMA2011

Views: 273
Posted by: Giovannino
in: Giovannino
Otztaler, Austria

Views: 129
Posted by: andyrob
in: andyrob

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: new crossrunner  (Read 7249 times)

Offline pabwon

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Highlander
new crossrunner
« on: February 02, 2015, 01:02:49 PM »
anyone had a ride on the new crossrunner yet? What your opinion ?

Offline cozmo1589

• Crosstourer Master
new crossrunner
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 11:06:05 PM »
I owned briefly the latest VFR800 last year and the new HCR is based largely upon that bike. The VFR was a bloody cracking bike to ride, amazing characterful engine and extremely well built, it just was not for me as I found i got quite cramped and it was heavy going on the wrists after 1/2 hr of riding. I am sure Honda Crossrunner will be much more comfortable and a hoot to ride but no real substitute for a Shaft Driven Crosstourer IMHO

Offline pabwon

• Crosstourer Member
Re: new crossrunner
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 01:52:01 PM »
Really like the look of the new crossrunner looks just like the crosstourer.Just waiting for a test ride,love most things about the Crosstourer but wont miss the noise from the drive shaft ,spoilt the bike for me.

Online Hartley

• Crosstourer God
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Northampton
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 01:59:09 PM »
Can't say I've really noticed any real noise from the driveshaft.  Mind you it seems so long since I got out on it maybe I've forgotten  :003:

Offline pabwon

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 08:21:04 PM »
Well, had a ride on the new crossrunner today! What a cracking bike, suspension excellent,very comfortable,lovely gearbox,superb engine very flexible but when the vtec comes in its quick.Fueling is spot on and very easy to ride, loves the bends.Now has unlinked abs brakes and two stage traction control,heated grips, center stand, akropovic silencer, topbox and a tomtom sat nav.
 Very, very impressed.

Offline GeofftheChef

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X Black
  • City / Town: Manchester
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 10:09:05 PM »
Great review PABWON . . . I'm more than happy with my CT at the mo. . .but got it on 3 year PCP deal which is up next May (2016), then I have to make the choice to pay final balance which is about 5 grand, or start again with a new deal . . . I think the Crossrunner looks like a contender , as it seems to tick all the boxes, and is a lot less in price . . . I've got this year touring on the CT yet, but will keep an eye on reviews and possible owners if I meet them, and make a decision nearer the time.

Offline tmax

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: CRF1000L
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2015, 03:06:48 PM »
How does the engine feel compare to CT? CT is heavy but the engine and torque are great. In mottorad said that the engine is a bit low ion torque under the 6500rpm.
I like my CT but because wight and fact that I almost always ride solo I m considering to make step down - crossrunner (or something similar 800GS, Triumph 800 XC ...   )

thanks

Offline pabwon

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 12:45:12 PM »
I fully intended to downsize when I changed to the CT from ST1300 but really liked the style and the performance.This time I will go for something with a bit less weight and without the annoying backlash the CT has in the transmission.After riding the new crossrunner I dont think I will miss the extra torque the CT has,i found the 800 vtec a really excellent engine pulled nicely from low revs and very smooth and snatch free in traffic.Let the revs build and and it really takes off and is a quick bike .I dont think overall there is a huge difference in performance between the two bikes in normal riding.For me it does need a bigger screen but that can be changed,didnt find the heated grips got very warm.One report I read said the rear shock might not might deal with passenger and luggage very well but the same was said about the CT and I never had any problem with that when fully loaded,just put a bit more preload on.Cant say any more really, I thought it was a lovely bike and and will probably get one.Would interested to hear other opinions.