IMGP3411

Views: 266
Posted by: jacob
in: Jacob
Preparing the bike

Views: 332
Posted by: luckyluke
in: Luckyluke

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Gerbings Customer Service is stella  (Read 1424 times)

Offline bampy

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Silver CT DCT
  • City / Town: Cardiff
Gerbings Customer Service is stella
« on: January 29, 2015, 10:31:39 PM »
Just had to post this I returned a pair of Gerbings heated gloves that I have had for four years and worn them all year round except for summer because they are too hot. They are excellent gloves regardless of the heating element and were well worn. Last week the thumbs on both gloves gave up the ghost so I took them to my local dealer Sportouring 01443 742421 who are excellent for all things bike related along with a pair of Gerbings heated trousers that I got free from Ebay when the seller let me keep them free of charge as they were faulty and he didn't want to affect his rating. I botched them and got them working after sowing a denim patch into them. Just asked him if they could fix the trousers and I would pay for the repair. Today I get a call from the shop to tell that they have not only replaced the gloves with a new pair but they also gave me a brand new pair of trousers. What a brilliant company I was well happy with their products but this just takes it to a different level.

Online Hartley

• Crosstourer God
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Northampton
Re: Gerbings Customer Service is stella
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 07:59:49 AM »
That's excellent.

I have wolf textile gear which in most respects is brilliant, however I noticed the collar was worn through in a couple of places after about 6 months use. Took it back to the dealer who agreed it wasn't very good and shipped it back to Wolf. They said that it was fair wear and tear and were not interested, the dealer and I both argued that it wasn't exceptable but they wouldn't budge. The dealer , Bikersworld in Daventry eventually said enoughs enough and had the jacket repaired better than new at their expense.  10/10 to Bikersworld 0/10 Wolf, I won't buy their products again.

Paul

Offline steve

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: Llanelli
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 09:25:47 AM »
I agree about Gerbings, they are excellent from my experience.
Gloves and jacket exchanged at different times without any quibble. They don't seem to repair just replace.  :002:

Offline Farway

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: '12 Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Durham
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 03:39:42 PM »
+1 for Gerbing. After sales is excellent. 3 day turn around on new gloves, job done, no questions asked.
Tomorrow is promised to no one...

Offline Harry H

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 12:14:35 PM »
Having got through a fair few pairs of heated gloves that failed over the years from broken elements I decided to treat myself to a set of Gerbings this winter. Firstly because they use a mesh element which in theory should be less likely to break and secondly because they have a life time warranty on the electrics.

Yes they're expensive compared to a lot of the competition but this really is a case of you get what you pay for. They really are the best quality gloves I've ever owned and they work superbly. I'm too old to suffer with frozen hands and for £160 they're a bargain in my book.

arab-exile