Fuente De

Views: 162
Posted by: andyrob
in: andyrob
Givi V35 Brackets

Views: 1662
Posted by: Doc
in: Doc

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Isle of Man TT  (Read 3019 times)

Offline lambsy

• Ex Member
  • Crosstourer Junior
  • City / Town: Swansea
Isle of Man TT
« on: January 20, 2015, 10:21:00 AM »
Hi all, any one taking there crosstourer to the TT ?  We will be out there from the 6th of June untill the 13th got the ferry crossings but trying to get digs is a nightmare might end up camping although her indoors might not not be happy!  We're two couples in our fifties ( mates wife recons she's 45 haha) and thought the camping days were long gone!  None of us have been to the Isle of Man before so we're realy looking forward now, mates riding a Aprilia Caponord 1000  06 reg a very capable and underrated bike, had one myself the same year and colour, we've travelled all over Europe over the years and clocked up 65000 miles on a 1998 VFR 800 what a bike and still own it, hope the crosstourer's capable of that sort of mileage with no worries, so back to the TT, is any one else from the forum going?

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • CRF1000l Africa Twin + VFR1200X DCT
  • Bike: CRF1000+VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
Re: Isle of Man TT
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 07:00:39 PM »
I'm going over on the Sunday night/Monday early am. Our ferry is booked, going with a mate who rides an R1  :005: and meeting several other mates once there.

Can't get in the digs at 3am so planning on doing the mountain in the dark!!!  :087: until breakfast time (if we're allowed on)

1st ever visit at 60 yrs so really looking forward to it

Ian  :305:

Offline Saxon747

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Highlander DCT
  • City / Town: Lincoln
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 09:44:57 PM »
Hi lambsy. As an ex 08 Capo owner myself, and member of the AF1 forum . I just wondered if you ever attended any of the Llandovery camping weekends, organised by Big Steve and Blumeeni  { who now owns a CT himself } ?

The Capo ran faultlessly for me in the 4yrs that I owned it, and it was only the lure of the DCT on the Crosstourer that drew me away from it, but no way would I touch the new 1200 :110:

Online Hartley

• Crosstourer God
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Northampton
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 10:04:15 PM »
but no way would I touch the new 1200
Why not Rob? gets rave reviews

Paul

Offline lambsy

• Ex Member
  • Crosstourer Junior
  • City / Town: Swansea
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 10:36:57 PM »
Scotsy, don't go chasing that r1 over the mountain !    Ah yes Saxon good old AF1 forum, sadly I never got around to any capo meets in my two years of ownership, I traded her for a tiger1050 se then that went in four years later for the crosstourer DCT did Ireland on her last year, had a ball at the North West 200 so thought Isle of Man for this year, oh yeh we've manged to get digs at Kirk Micheal with the new home stay scheme, check out TTbreaks if any ones looking, roll on !   Cheers Guys.

Offline Saxon747

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Highlander DCT
  • City / Town: Lincoln
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 07:13:59 AM »
*Originally Posted by Hartley [+]
Why not Rob? gets rave reviews

Paul

Rave reviews by the journos maybe Paul, but go on the AF1 1200 forum and all is revealed. We Capo owners at the time had our doubts before it was even released.  :084:

Online Hartley

• Crosstourer God
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Northampton
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 10:26:22 AM »
Are you saying the journos opinion may have been influenced by an all expenses paid jolly to somewhere nice to ride bikes on great roads for a few days?

Offline Dave56

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Highlander
  • City / Town: Grantham
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2015, 04:14:25 PM »
*Originally Posted by Hartley [+]
Are you saying the journos opinion may have been influenced by an all expenses paid jolly to somewhere nice to ride bikes on great roads for a few days?
lo

I'm shocked and horrified to hear this, I always thought that those "test rides" where both truthful and un-biased, how very naive of me.....!  :138:
"The more the miles, the bigger the smiles"

arab-exile