2 O S Before

Views: 564
Posted by: SPW999
in: SPW999
nc700 vfr1200

Views: 379
Posted by: luckyluke
in: Luckyluke

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: RoSPa Smart  (Read 1484 times)

Offline MotoGpNick

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200XSE White
RoSPa Smart
« on: January 12, 2015, 10:39:36 AM »
I have recently joined the above organisation, I had my second ride out yesterday with an instructor through Pemberhurst and Edenbridge in Kent.  I thoroughly enjoyed it and find it great to be assessed on my riding skills. It helps bring it home that maybe we are not as good as we think we are and there is always room for improvement. I intend to to see this through to a qualification at the end and hopefully assist with the training of newer riders.

Every time I ride with these guys I learn something new.   :305:
Yam YDS7,Suzuki T350 Rebel,Kawasaki 350 S2, Suzuki GT550, Kawasaki H1B 500, Kawasaki H2 750, Kawasaki Z1 900, Suzuki RE5 (stolen) Matchless 350 Trials, Kawasaki GTR 1000, ZZR1100C3, ZZR1100D2, Honda 900 Bandit, Suzuki SV1000K5 SZ, Honda Blackbird x 2, Honda Varadero 1000 - Honda CT

Offline Gas_Up_Lets_Go

• Crosstourer Pro
Re: RoSPa Smart
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 01:55:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by MotoGpNick [+]
we are not as good as we think we are

Congratulations - you've learned a very important lesson, probably the most important one of your new found knowledge.

Glad you're enjoying the training - I had the privilege of an assessment with a senior IAM examiner a few months ago. I thought I was pretty OK, the Observer I was assisting (he was undergoing his Observer assessment, I was a 'student' for the day) though I did really well.... the IAM examiner pulled one particular overtake to bits, then reassembled it for me with a few very minor adjustments that changed the whole piece.

Every day is a school day.

Offline andypwc

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: Crosstourer
Re: RoSPa Smart
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 10:25:31 AM »
Hey moto check out my video in the video section. I had my first rides out with Devon and Somerset Advanced Riders a Rospa group in March. Just passed the test a few months ago...... what a difference. Don't have as many near misses now..... had trouble keeping up to start with and concentrating for long periods. To much to think about. But it all clicked.

Enjoy it
andypwc

arab-exile