Leg screws and plate

Views: 299
Posted by: Doc
in: Doc
PA290032

Views: 478
Posted by: redbaron
in: Redbaron

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Crash Bungs  (Read 1427 times)

Offline daveyboydale

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: crosstourer 2014
Crash Bungs
« on: January 11, 2015, 11:45:57 AM »
Does anybody have crash bungs/pads fitted? I am looking at two makes at the moment, there's some R and G ones and also some by Puig.
Its hard to tell in the photos for them but I am guessing they fit where the rear engine bar is bolted on and this raises the question can they be fitted in addition to the bars?
Any ideas or photos would be appreciated thanks
David

Offline dentonlad

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR800X, NC700X
  • City / Town: Denton
Re: Crash Bungs
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 12:36:13 PM »
Hi, we met at Ladybower when I was riding my NC700X.

I have R&G crash bungs on my CT. You can see them in some of the pictures in my gallery. I was under the impression that they're an 'either/or' item.  As crash bars were £200 I went for the bungs at £79 instead.

I can also testify that they do work (to a certain extent). My bike slid about 60ft down the road on its left hand side whilst I was bouncing along a nice soft grass verge. Bent bars, snapped footpeg, bent gear lever and scrapes to grab rail and shaft drive housing but no damage to panels or engine casings. Again there are a couple of pics in my gallery.

Regards

Keith
Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes - Oscar Wilde.

Offline daveyboydale

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: crosstourer 2014
Re: Crash Bungs
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 08:13:15 PM »
Hi Keith yes i remember you at Ladybower.
sorry to here you had a coming off i hope you are ok.
Thanks for your reply, i know the bungs work after having seen a few incidents recently (its my job).
I rather suspect you may be right as i have not yet seen both bungs and bars fitted but the Puig ones look like they may fit inside the recess in the bars. I ve msgd the seller to see anyway.
Thanks DD