PA290033

Views: 472
Posted by: redbaron
in: Redbaron
Topcase resize

Views: 195
Posted by: Superjeap
in: Superjeap

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Insurance pitfall  (Read 1327 times)

Offline hill100

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Highlander dct
  • City / Town: Glasgow
Insurance pitfall
« on: January 02, 2015, 06:29:00 PM »
In this months issue of Ride Magazine (feb) there is an article on an insurance company that under their policy terms, allows them to use second hand parts to repair your bike. I checked my own policy which is with an company called KGM Insurance, and it is also written in their conditions that they can use "recycled"  parts. The only glimmer of hope I can see in the event of a claim would be that there are probably i not that many spare parts for a CT kicking around.( Although on this forum there are £2000 worth of scuffed parts for sale)

Offline Johnnyrep

• Ex Member
  • Crosstourer Pro
Re: Insurance pitfall
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 07:05:19 PM »
Yes,but I am not an insurance company.

Everything on my bike was changed for new bits.
That's new bits even when it was just a scuff ( as you put it) that a small bit of paint would have been enough to repair it, like the fork legs.
Honda dealers won't use any secound hand spares,if they won't even paint a very minor Mark.

Nothing to worry about at all

Offline Big Rob

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Angus Glens
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 08:44:35 PM »
Think most of us would be grateful for a 2nd hand heart should theirs give-up  :086:

Seriously though, don't think any repairer would replace a damaged part of a motorcycle with an even more damaged part? it wouldn't be the end of the world if my CT was repaired using 2nd hand parts should I prang it.

Rob.

Offline hill100

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Highlander dct
  • City / Town: Glasgow
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 09:14:37 PM »
The article in Ride Mag was from a reader looking for advice after his bike was repaired with a second hand wheel, which he said looked very second hand, and that the bike had been re-sprayed to a poor standard. The Legal advice he got was : there was little recourse for him to do much about it.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 09:56:52 PM by hill100 »