Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Great price on Garmin 390l LM GPS  (Read 6669 times)

Online Hartley

• Crosstourer God
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Northampton
Re: Great price on Garmin 390l LM GPS
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2015, 11:05:55 PM »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CROSSTOURER-1200-Supporto-gps-tomtom-garmin-iphone-/221710451809?pt=Ricambi_e_Accessori_Moto&hash=item339ef90461

I did have to put a little cutout in the mount for clearance for the power cable, seems the mount on the 390LM maybe slightly different to other models, i contacted the seller with pictures and he said they were going to update the part so you maybe ok. It really wasnt difficult to do if they havent modified them yet.

Paul

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • CRF1000l Africa Twin
  • Bike: CRF1000
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2015, 06:45:31 AM »
I am a Garmin Zumo user and have been for many years but I am going to have a proper look at the new TT rider when it is released for sale soon http://www.visordown.com/product-features/new-tomtom-rider-motorcycle-gps/26144.html

It seems to include many features that I would want next time I 'renew' my GPS

•Winding Roads: Find the most exciting winding roads and avoid the boring straights.
•Hilly Roads: Stay at sea level or climb the highest peaks.
•Round-trip Planning: Simply select where you want to ride and TomTom Rider will find the most exciting route.
•Portrait View: Simple rotate to portrait view to see more of the bends ahead.
•PC Route Planning: Pre-plan a touring adventure before leaving home.
•Route Sharing: Share a route with other bikers before setting off or after you return home.
•Lifetime TomTom Traffic: Ride with real-time traffic information for the lifetime of the device.
•Audio Instructions via Bluetooth: Keep your eyes on the road with audio instructions delivered through your headset.
•Track Support: Upload tracks (GPX format) and your TomTom Rider will show you the way.
•Hands-free Calling: Call hands-free while you ride.
•Weather-proof Design: As weather ready as you are.
•Glove-friendly Screen: Use your TomTom Rider even while wearing gloves.
•Sunlight Visibility: Make use of different colour options for different times of day.
•Trip Recording: Record your trip and relive the adventure any time.
•Trip Statistics: See how far, how fast and for how long you have ridden.
•Fully Interactive Screen: Pinch, zoom and swipe to interact with the map.

Read more: http://www.visordown.com/product-features/new-tomtom-rider-motorcycle-gps/26144.html#ixzz3UiWJ7md0

Ian  :305:

Online Hartley

• Crosstourer God
  • City / Town: Northampton
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2015, 06:52:09 AM »
Hi Ian, the 390 has a lot of those features, though I'll admit there's a couple it doesn't.

Paul

Offline ukstu

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Warrington
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2015, 07:10:03 AM »
Thanks for the info on the engimoto Paul. Looks like a good piece of kit.

New Tomtom looks interesting, competing with the 590 more than the 390 though, lot of similar features.  I would assume similar prices too, especially as a new model and will be some time before discounts appear. 

Offline ukstu

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Warrington
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2015, 08:35:12 AM »
Looks like the new Tomtom rider is released now. price seems to be £320 but a well know high street retailer is offering £20 discount to £299. Based on the spec looks like a good deal.

I've gone for the Garmin now, but thought others may be interested.

arab-exile