That's one long road ...

Views: 579
Posted by: RoadRash
in: RoadRash
IMG 0769

Views: 100
Posted by: biker1300
in: biker1300

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: GIVI s310 TREKKER LIGHTS  (Read 4744 times)

Offline GeofftheChef

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X Black
  • City / Town: Manchester
GIVI s310 TREKKER LIGHTS
« on: November 07, 2014, 04:25:54 PM »
Has anyone fitted these to the CT ? Any good ? And how easy is it to fit them ? Details appreciated as I know minus zero about wiring etc.

Offline Buckr

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X-DCT
  • City / Town: Walkington
Re: GIVI s310 TREKKER LIGHTS
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 04:46:56 PM »
I have them fitted.
Easy to fit but I didn't like the handlebar switch so put my own switch next to the traction control one.

Good light to the extent that I had to lead in the dark on some of the single track lanes on a recent trip to the Highlands as I had the best lights !!
If it ain't fun don't do it !

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • CRF1000l Africa Twin + VFR1200X DCT
  • Bike: CRF1000+VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 08:56:56 PM »
I fitted some last year, kept blowing fuses...took them off again. Fitted them again without the crappy switch and bulbs blew. fitted new nightbreaker bulbs and tried again..............blew again. took them off again and bench tested the wiring harness using a 12v battery and found the wiring was getting hot near the fuse holder!!!  wires melted together so cut fuseholder out and fitted newer style fuse/holder and all seemed fine........

fitted to bike again and they are still blowing fuses (I even bought the square Honda switch because I thought were cured)

I'm gonna junk the whole ###ing Givi wiring and rewire them with new wires (fused) directly to the battery!!!

I may have been unlucky  :164:

Ian  :305:

Offline SunAndSea

• Ex Member
  • Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SA
  • City / Town: St Julians
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 01:00:04 AM »
Had mine fitted by the dealer from new. never has a single problem and still work perfectly well.

Online Hartley

• Crosstourer God
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Northampton
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 07:59:04 AM »
I also have these, did have a what i thought was a blown bub but when i came to change it itt worked. Kept going on and off, changed the bulb and its been fine since.

Id agree the switch aint great,

How effective they are i cant say as ive not tried them at night yet, very good to make drivers aware of you though, filtering etc.

Offline GeofftheChef

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X Black
  • City / Town: Manchester
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 07:32:59 PM »
Cheers all for replies . . .may just get dealer to fit with the Honda switch as well .

Offline RedSlayer

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: CT DCT 2012
  • City / Town: Burnley
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 01:50:26 PM »
I have mine wired permanent (which I understand may be illegal).
Question is, are they spotlights or running lights  :164:

I'll be doing an electrickery project shortly, so may just fit a switch to 'em - just in case.

I had same problem with a bulb as above (worked, didn't, worked, didn't), decided to replace both with 55 watters (instead of 35).
Noticed a few people adjusting their rear-view mirrors, so replaced 'em with 35w and dropped the beam from horizontal - that fixed it.
I have mine simply to be noticed - the headlight is sufficient for visibility.

One problem; the original bulbs have like 6-8 inch of wire to the spade connector (which will be folded away under the cowel).
Replacement bulbs only have an inch of wire, so, be aware when planning your wiring - you're gonna need an extra 6 inch of positive wire - when replacing the bulb.
Also, there doesn't seem to be any obvious marking regarding the horizontal position of the lens for the beam (so if you don't replace the lens in the unit correctly - you get a 45% angled beam (not FROM the bike to the road, but from side-to-side)).
Basically, the lens unit has a fabric covered drain hole at the BOTTOM. Otherwise; mark the TDC before you disassemble.

Great otherwise.

Red;
Current: CT DCT 2012
Last:       Vara 2011

Offline Min

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Never to old to be long in the tooth.....
  • Bike: 1200X DCT
  • City / Town: Reading
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 11:45:40 PM »
Hi

Agree with the comments above, Givi have a problem with the fuse holder 15A which causes the fuse to blow, the switch is covered in a water proof cover which is so stiff in cool/cold weather it makes it impossible to switch on.
The lights are simple to fix to a crash bar and angle, but watch out for getting them level as they are a flat beam and taking them apart needs re leveling of the lamp.

I have a HID lamp for dip headlights and use the Givi fog in filtering on the M25 as the colour difference makes you noticed. 6000k against 3000K.

I bought mine from Italy and made a good saving against UK prices.

Min G0JMS  :148: