Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Rear suspension adjuster  (Read 13954 times)

Offline pistnbroke

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: crosstourer
  • City / Town: Irby
Re: Rear suspension adjuster
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2017, 09:49:20 PM »
veeefour, you sound like a sadist, fancy advising someone to put thier knob on a lathe, and not even think twice.  :005:
keep it shiny side up !!!

Offline Paulmasters

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2017, 05:24:40 PM »
Well I just got bike back new shocker fitted and have put all to vejay settings so see how it goes

Offline Chrisp62

• Crosstourer Junior
  • BE SAFE AND ENJOY..
  • Bike: vfr1200xc HIGHLA
  • City / Town: Newcastle
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2017, 06:03:02 PM »
 :034:mine is on a 14 plate an XC according to the paper work. I thought something was up as got propelled out of my seat on a double hump and came down on my un mentionables !!  i mentioned this to the dealer and sure enough it was seized and they replaced the whole unit much to my surprise. I checked the setting upon return to my garage and  it now has  24 clicks, i am sure it only had 14 before hand as set it half way.
The current problem is that it just seems too hard for my liking and set as one click now. time to change the shock I think as only comfortable fully laden then it ride the bumps.. I recall that Honda advert on the radio a while back with a chap saying at Honda they go that extra mile and always asking "is that the best we can do " Well Honda for  14 k bike it should be perfect not soft on the front , hard on the back and a clanky shaft that drives me mad at slow speeds and town traffic.. other than that   :152:
Warranty claim in at the dealer today as my rear suspension "knob" is seized. It's regularly been doused in WD40 AND ACF50 since I got the bike and I used to give it a twirl every now and then to make sure it was still OK. However, as the bike has just spent 13 weeks being repaired by 4th Dimension, I tried it when I got it back and gave everything a squirt but it isn't moving.

Dealer asked for photo and mileage and said they'll submit a claim. They have done a couple of VFR1200F's but no X's so far. (maybe because they've only sold the one CT.......)
[/quote]
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 06:04:40 PM by Chrisp62 »
chrisp..

Offline DaveDee

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Still Learning
  • Bike: Crosstourer1200X
  • City / Town: Liverpool
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2017, 10:42:30 PM »
Hey Crisp62,

Just read your post and wanted to mention the suspension adjustment settings that a lot of CT riders use on here "Veejay" I adjusted my setting recently to the veejay settings and have found the ride fantastic! It's also a great base for minor tweaks to suit varied riding Styles, weight etc.

have a look back for veejay settings, plenty of posts and advice, takes 10 Min's to do.
Old Dogs MCC

Offline Fredz

• Crosstourer Pro
Off Topic
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2017, 12:17:46 AM »
If you have: 'a clanky shaft that drives me mad' maybe you need this:

https://www.crosstourer.com/index.php/topic,4378.0.html

Offline slomogadgie

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Olde School CT
  • City / Town: Peternapper
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2017, 02:23:14 PM »
Well well guys. Spoke to a guy at work with a AT...guess what....he's got a stuck shock adjuster....come on Mr Honda
What do you mean it's raining....get ootside and ride the thing.

Offline Yasko

• Crosstourer Master
  • After breathing everything else is a bonus
  • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
  • City / Town: Canterbury
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2017, 03:04:07 PM »
Thanks for that Slomo I'll keep an eye on mine then.
Bill

Offline Big_John

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: '16 Black Manual
  • City / Town: Black Forest
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2019, 02:30:06 PM »
I have a question about the rear shock issues.....

At any time, has Honda fixed the problems?  Is there a year model where the shock/adjuster was improved, or is the 2019 shock the same as the 2012????

I also wonder.... If I install a new spring on the stock rear shock, will it void the warranty?

arab-exile