DSC 1847

Views: 246
Posted by: LP
in: LP
DSC08370

Views: 265
Posted by: voyager888
in: voyager888

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: NC owner thinking of an upgrade  (Read 2783 times)

Offline honey_pablo

• Crosstourer Member
NC owner thinking of an upgrade
« on: August 07, 2014, 03:54:20 PM »
Hi all,

Recently bought a NC750S - nice enough bike but finding it just a tad small and obviously the engine is a little bit dull.

What I do love however is the DCT gearbox,  so much so that I started to look at what other bikes have it as an option - which has lead me here,  and the more I see the more I like the crosstourer.

So a couple of quick questions if I may.

- I'm aware of the Traction Control and DCT changes between the 2013 & 2014 models,  the TC feels pretty irrelevant to me,  I'm not in the habbit of spinning up the back wheel and I won't be going off-road - so one setting of on feels fine.   I wondered if anyone has ridden both '13 and '14 models could comment on whether the DCT upgrade is detectable and worth factoring into the equation (obviously '13 models are 2-3k less than '14).

- Weight,   I know she's a big girl esp. with DCT,  I think the maximum load is 185kg,  what is it like with 2 well fed adults on board and maybe a bit of luggage?

Thanks and I hope to post a just bought thread soon.

P.

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Ayr
Re: NC owner thinking of an upgrade
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 04:33:42 PM »
Cant comment on the changes between 2013-14, but the engine has plenty of power when fully loaded, nothing to worry about there

Offline Bitteliten

• Crosstourer Pro
NC owner thinking of an upgrade
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 07:57:04 PM »
Crosstourer is fantastic. Just love it. Only bike I would trade it in for is a Gold wing. CT is a sportY beast with lots of power. You really feel it is a VFR. TC is good for me because I am not too comfy with lifting the front wheel. If you lift front wheel the ignition cuts off the engine. And there is more than enough power to do a whelie.

Offline GADGET

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 10:03:03 PM »
I've got the NC700S and VFR1200X (2012). Both DCT  Yes, you will notice a huge difference in performance in performance and weight! I must confess, for day to day use I prefer the NC, but have a 6 week, several thousand mile European trip planned Sept/Oct and will be taking the CT ( though I would prefer the fuel consumption of the NC on this one :)

Offline Nickel

• Crosstourer Master
  • www.docraphotography.be
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 08:18:13 AM »
*Originally Posted by GADGET [+]
I've got the NC700S and VFR1200X (2012). Both DCT  Yes, you will notice a huge difference in performance in performance and weight! I must confess, for day to day use I prefer the NC, but have a 6 week, several thousand mile European trip planned Sept/Oct and will be taking the CT ( though I would prefer the fuel consumption of the NC on this one :)

Six weeks!!!!! Damn, you lucky ###  :001: Feeling a little bit (very) jealous  :038:

Offline Saxon747

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Highlander DCT
  • City / Town: Lincoln
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 06:05:37 PM »
The weight of the DCT is noticeable over the manual , but still very manageable when fully loaded. As said before. Try not to get into situations where it becomes a problem.
Great bike ,and would have another one as my next bike . No problems

Online Hartley

• Crosstourer God
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Northampton
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 06:52:16 PM »
y not to get into situations where it becomes a problem.

What you really dont want to do is pull up behind a stationary coach on a down hill stretch of road in Snowdonia then watch his reversing lights illuminate!!!! Thankfully a driver saw what was happening and helped me get out of the way.  I have to concede that i had pulled up a little too close to give myself an escape route. Wont do that again.

Paul

Offline Bitteliten

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 07:58:36 PM »
I did that too. But this was 10ish years ago. First year with mc licence. And the road was a 80kmh regional road, and the truck was a full size one. The truck missed his exit so he decided to back..... Luckily his window was open so he heard my horn.....  Bike was Honda cbf600f. I was ready to evacuate it to get out of the way.
Such mistake you only make once..