Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Wind Noise  (Read 20589 times)

Offline Farway

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: '12 Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Durham
Re: Wind Noise
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2019, 10:02:52 PM »
Just for the record  and as thos conversion stems nack many years, i sold the CT and bought  a blackbird. God how I regret that!!!.... I currently have a a 04 CBR1100XX and a 929 CBR900RR. I want my CT back!!!! These bikes are great for  0-270km/h and take no prisoners..... but its like you're being beaten over the head by someone for most of it. It just is not pleasant. The CT offered so much more  than i actually appreciated at the time.....
Tomorrow is promised to no one...

Offline 5 speed

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2019, 11:23:04 AM »
Farway is the honda accessory screen a good one?

Offline Farway

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2019, 10:37:42 PM »
Sorry to say, they are all pretty crap.... but, Im fairly tall at 6`2 so that did not help. There are guys here who have raved about the givi screen or the stock touring screen to mention a few. Helmet  choice does not make not a blinding bit of difference here either. 

Offline 5 speed

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2019, 10:55:06 AM »
I noticed in the owners manual yesterday that there are two sets of mounting bracket holes on the stock screen and allows the screen to be postioned higher. Anyone know how its set up stock higher or lower ?

So far for me the critical windnoise around my ears is drastically reduced from my last two bikes - a ktm 950 and a Concours 14 which even replaced with a vario xrc or whatever it is was the worst bike i ever had and gave me a case of tinnitus
So I am a bit scared to try any other screen and no helmet buffeting to speak of.  I could use another inch taller however. 

Offline Farway

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2019, 12:29:59 PM »
....This was the extents I went to. It ended up looking like a barn door but man it work superbly well. 100mph , visor open on the comms to my mate.

arab-exile