Author Topic: 16,000 mile service  (Read 6995 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

#16

Offline Plane Dr

  • Crosstourer Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 202
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200xDCT
  • City / Town: DFW Metromess
  • Country: USA
Re: 16,000 mile service
Reply #16 on: October 15, 2020, 07:04:08 PM
I have done pretty much all mine.  What they needed depended on the bike.  I'm a believer in the first one then go.  Depending on bike of course.
VFR dealer did 16K as a package from new.
My Strom need 2 valves adjusted at second interval (free due to recall)
GS every other week it seemed
DRZ every other oil change.  But was never an issue till the valves started going.
Z1000 1 valve needed it but was in spec so sod it.
etc etc
Bikes are like women.  What you want and what you think you want change after the first ride.

#17

Offline Max2007

  • Crosstourer Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 149
  • Country: Croatia
Re: 16,000 mile service
Reply #17 on: October 15, 2020, 07:10:44 PM
*Originally Posted by Plane Dr [+]
I have done pretty much all mine.  What they needed depended on the bike.  I'm a believer in the first one then go.  Depending on bike of course.
VFR dealer did 16K as a package from new.
My Strom need 2 valves adjusted at second interval (free due to recall)
GS every other week it seemed
DRZ every other oil change.  But was never an issue till the valves started going.
Z1000 1 valve needed it but was in spec so sod it.
etc etc

I did not anderstand. Did you make valve check?

#18

Offline Plane Dr

  • Crosstourer Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 202
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200xDCT
  • City / Town: DFW Metromess
  • Country: USA
Re: 16,000 mile service
Reply #18 on: October 15, 2020, 08:47:09 PM
*Originally Posted by Max2007 [+]
I did not anderstand. Did you make valve check?

I had the dealer do the 16K check.  No idea what they adjusted.  I probably wont do another till 48K
Bikes are like women.  What you want and what you think you want change after the first ride.

#19

Offline Max2007

  • Crosstourer Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 149
  • Country: Croatia
Re: 16,000 mile service
Reply #19 on: October 16, 2020, 06:07:01 AM
*Originally Posted by Plane Dr [+]
I had the dealer do the 16K check.  No idea what they adjusted.  I probably wont do another till 48K

Thay did not give you spec of what thay did on the bike?

#20

Offline Plane Dr

  • Crosstourer Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 202
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200xDCT
  • City / Town: DFW Metromess
  • Country: USA
Re: 16,000 mile service
Reply #20 on: October 16, 2020, 12:45:54 PM
*Originally Posted by Max2007 [+]
Thay did not give you spec of what thay did on the bike?

They did not.  It is always tough to get information at the dealerships here.
Bikes are like women.  What you want and what you think you want change after the first ride.

#21

Offline Younger06

  • Crosstourer Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 113
  • Bike: '16 VFR1200X DCT
  • City / Town: Naas, Co.Kildare
  • Country: Ireland
Re: 16,000 mile service
Reply #21 on: October 16, 2020, 02:32:48 PM
Mine booked in for Monday for the 24000kms service and tyres and to fit a couple of accesories.

I think I'm going to have to have a lay down!!
"Howya horsebox"

#22

Offline Max2007

  • Crosstourer Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 149
  • Country: Croatia
Re: 16,000 mile service
Reply #22 on: October 16, 2020, 09:47:02 PM
*Originally Posted by Plane Dr [+]
They did not.  It is always tough to get information at the dealerships here.
Thats whay i m going to do all by my self!
Warranty is over, so have nothing to lose! I can do all but valves, but for them i have mehanic friend, so we do that together! But i think to do that at 40000km, as i intend to do service every 10000km!
👍💪