Author Topic: Hi from Northern Ireland  (Read 2477 times)

Offline comberjohn

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: '84 BMW K100RT
  • City / Town: Downpatrick
Hi from Northern Ireland
on: November 11, 2013, 01:03:32 AM
Hi everyone.
Just a few words about me. I'm 57 and currently ride an '84 BMW K100RT. I do about 15k miles a year on it and intend holding on to it even after I buy a Crosstourer.
Like a few others on this section, I've been left a few quid this year and the wife said that I should treat myself while I still can. Hoping to have it sorted out by next spring.
Tried quite a few bikes over the summer including BMW, KTM and Triumph. All great bikes but not what I was looking for.
Liked the GS but got the impression that unless you upgrade to a new one regularly, the cost of repairs could be frightening.
The only Honda I tried was the Crosstourer DCT, precisely because of the gearbox.
Very impressed with the DCT from the start. Can't say that I loved the rest of the bike straight away, but I do think its the sort of thing that grows on you and going over all the bikes I tried in my head, I feel that it does tick almost all the boxes.
The wife was keen to point out that I was always in love with the last bike that I tested.
Until I tried another!
The forum seems to be a nice, friendly place and looking forward to picking up advice and contributing over the winter months while I wait.

Offline Wez

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Perth
Re: Hi from Northern Ireland
Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 04:46:56 AM
Hi!

Always been a BMW Kool-Aid drinker until now, probably will get another one day, buuuut congrats on the CT, the DCT for around town is a great option.

O and you've got the reliable BMW out of the 24+ I've had the early K's were the most reliable bikes I think I ever owned!  :047:

Like me, you're probably lucky you can ride a new bike and get it, do that with another woman and the one you trade up from takes all the money with her......  :005:
--
Another West Australian!

Offline sy101

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: 2013 CT SE
  • City / Town: Suffolk UK
Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 09:29:20 AM
Welcome John  :400:

Offline Eltar

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Fazer 8 '14
  • City / Town: Istanbul
Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 01:55:50 PM
 :400: to the forums
average on my VFR1200X

Bikes owned: CBF250 - '08 V-Strom DL650 - '09 ST1300 Pan European - '13 VFR1200X - '14 Fazer 8

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Ayr
Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 05:37:21 PM
 :400: to the forum, the more miles you do the more you will enjoy the CT  :031:

Offline veejay

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 07:38:21 PM
 :400: enjoy your CT  :001:

Offline slomogadgie

• Non Active
  • Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Olde School CT
  • City / Town: Peternapper
Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 10:22:37 PM
what's about you CJ?
Went to nw200 this year...hardly saw a CT so that's a reason to get one:)
What do you mean it's raining....get ootside and ride the thing.

Offline nsxer

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Black CT
  • City / Town: Craigavon
Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 08:00:52 AM
glad to hear of another CT from NI joining this forum. congrats on purchase even though you bought a big sccoter  :002:

have you picked the bike up yet?

where did you purchase in the end?

Have my CT (manual) for over a month now and just completed the 1st service; however she is put to bed now for winter hibernation.

They take a wee bit of getting used too, but so far very happy with my purchase ... just need to get more miles but that aint gonna happen till we get over these winter months.

let us know when you pick up

welcome to the fold