Author Topic: Best bit of kit  (Read 2683 times)

Offline Tonyj

• Ex Member
  • Crosstourer Pro
Best bit of kit
on: October 23, 2013, 09:51:41 PM
Just a bit of fun really but over the years riding , what have you bought that's really worked and stuff that's been a pile of

Mine has been mouses for the dirt bike and my rukka armas suit, both these items have surpassed there remit , no more punctures in the welsh valleys and dry riding on the road trips, rubbish on the other hand , over covers for my saddle bags,gone in a nano second ripped to shreds and the one piece boil in the bag suits that make you wetter then the rain if you leave them on to long . How about you

Online Hartley

• Crosstourer God
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Northampton
Re: Best bit of kit
Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 06:45:19 AM
Reckon best bit of kit i ever bought was a pair of Sidi Black Rain Boots, all day comfortable, warm and water proof, probably did 40 to 50k in them.
When time came to replace them went for the same again, well that was the plan. New ones are no where near as comfortable, leak and the zips broken twice. Considering going for Altberg next.

Paul

Offline slomogadgie

• Non Active
  • Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Olde School CT
  • City / Town: Peternapper
Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 05:10:51 PM
I think any of my Aria helmets. Always comfy. Pinlocks, and Daytona Evo boots.
What do you mean it's raining....get ootside and ride the thing.

Offline blumeeni

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: PLAYA BLANCA
Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 02:58:22 AM
The good....

Shoie mulitec helmet I'm on my second nearly 100,000 between them and nothing has fallen off or broken unlike Arai's I've had
I replaced my first as a precaution after a 90 mph off :157:

MRA vario screen for the CT does what it says on the tin.

Gerbing heated jacket.

The bad..... I'll come back to that one, there's lots :008:

Cheers Blu

Online Hartley

• Crosstourer God
  • City / Town: Northampton
Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 01:22:18 PM
I did consider putting my Arai helmet, I have an Edwards rep Corsair which looks lovely and is all day comfortable. Though I do think my latest lid a Shoei Qwest does feel better put together and quieter, though not quite as comfortable.

Paul

Offline Tonyj

• Ex Member
  • Crosstourer Pro
Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 06:51:58 AM
A bit  tenuous I know but it's gotta be sky plus or such like ,because I can sit and watch the bike racing anytime I like , like now when it's rotten
Rubbish item the multi spanner in the ktm tool kit , sure it's got early learning centre stamped on it , see one bend last week trying to remove the rear wheel as the sprocket decided it didn't want be friends with the hub anymore,we laughed how it bent :0(

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CRF1000
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
Reply #6 on: October 27, 2013, 04:37:48 PM
*Originally Posted by Tonyj [+]
A bit  tenuous I know but it's gotta be sky plus or such like ,because I can sit and watch the bike racing anytime I like , like now when it's rotten
Rubbish item the multi spanner in the ktm tool kit , sure it's got early learning centre stamped on it , see one bend last week trying to remove the rear wheel as the sprocket decided it didn't want be friends with the hub anymore,we laughed how it bent :0(

That spanner must be made with the same metal as the KTM sidestand  :305:

Offline Tonyj

• Ex Member
  • Crosstourer Pro
Reply #7 on: October 27, 2013, 09:46:55 PM
Stands alright it's the 4 mm bolt that holds it on , :0) apparently it's for racing , my blx is it , same bloke who sells them these flogs reg/ rectifier to Honda :0))

There a whole landscape with side stands,  dunno what old baldricks going to say when they start digging these up

arab-exile