Author Topic: Hi from Norfolk uk  (Read 5269 times)

Offline Davesx

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200X DCT SE
  • City / Town: Norwich
Hi from Norfolk uk
on: October 20, 2013, 05:58:27 PM
Hi everyone, well I haven't bought my crosstourer yet, I'm planning on trading in my blackbird at CJ ball in Norwich but I can't decide wether the highlander model is worth the extra money? The panniers and topbox look really cheap as do the engine bars, so I'm wondering if I'd be better to try and do a deal for the standard model and see If I can get the centre stand and heated grips thrown in, then source my own luggage? Anyone else done this?? Thanks in advance for any replies:))

Offline Tonyj

• Ex Member
  • Crosstourer Pro
Re: Hi from Norfolk uk
Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 07:42:27 PM
Did just that. Also sold my blackie ,seems a common crossover.bought my self a 2013 dct all black and well impressed with it in the flesh
The Honda luggage I've read on hear leaks at the zip so no good to me and it does look like a vanity case :0)). I bought a give trekker top box and ditched the sides so its easier to filter
The main stand is a decent option but no good if your thinking of lowering it , too bleeding heavy to lift I've been told and I think I agree ,I'm riding this a pleasure bike so mostly will be in summer , so didn't bother with the grips,  but my mates use some on our dirt bike so may get them and they are only about 40 quid
Screen ? gonna see how I go ,so all in all didn't bother with the highlander as I didn't like the scaffolding around the front, it wasn't about the money although it did add to another reason not to buy the h/Lander , Hadrian at Kent Honda was so accommodating that I used the difference to do other stuff, looking at either a carbon Leo or the akrapovic , but your really the only person who can make this choice as with all these bikes most off it is redundant and this is across the board.
If you have not yet bought the bike ring Hadrian at Kent Honda he's a real top fella, pm if you want the details.

Offline Davesx

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200X DCT SE
  • City / Town: Norwich
Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 06:12:12 PM
 Well I done it :047: ordered my ct from cjball in Norwich, got a great deal and i pick it up next weekend, went for the special edition dct in black, couldn't wait for the 2014 model, didn't like the camp and no doubt the price will creep up, I'll post pics when I get it...be sad to say bye to the blackbird though :159:

Offline GADGET

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 08:44:12 PM
Well done I'm sure you will love it and Chris is a nice guy to deal with. :047:

Offline PaulB

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X silver
  • City / Town: Southend-on-Sea
Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 08:53:06 PM
Good move Dave and  :400: to the site.
I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.

Offline Hartley

• Crosstourer God
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Northampton
Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 10:52:48 PM
 :400:
Nice one Dave,sure you'll love it.

Paul

Offline Eltar

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Fazer 8 '14
  • City / Town: Istanbul
Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 08:32:01 AM
 :400: to the forum. Blackbird was and still is a good bike, but you won't regret the move, trust me.

Hope you enjoy your new ride.
average on my VFR1200X

Bikes owned: CBF250 - '08 V-Strom DL650 - '09 ST1300 Pan European - '13 VFR1200X - '14 Fazer 8

Offline sy101

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: 2013 CT SE
  • City / Town: Suffolk UK
Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 09:50:19 AM
Welcome Dave, I'm sure you'll love the CT when you get it.

I've nothing but good things to say about Chris and C J Ball in general, they've always looked after me very well.