Author Topic: Clever design  (Read 1212 times)

Offline Tonyj

• Ex Member
  • Crosstourer Pro
Clever design
on: October 20, 2013, 09:48:54 AM
 :002:I'm very impressed with the concept of a horn and indicator combined so as to alert the other road users of your every manoeuvre. The fact it's pretty much every time I've gone for the indicator to cancel or signal I've hit the hooter , I don't think it's just me as I've seen reference to this new phenomena, so can only think the its been designed that way for my pleasure and safety? , so don't be alarmed when it catches on and everyone wants a hootermacator.
I ride/commute on a Silverwing scoot around London most days,so the initial swop from scoot to new bike,  bearing in mind I've only done 400 mile on the ct is making me smile, it will be a case of adapting no doubt as the ct is a pleasure bike.
So remember the new Highway Code maxim?                                                         Mirror signal/beep ( combined) manoeuvre.for Honda riders only :0)

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Ayr
Re: Clever design
Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 10:04:22 AM
You will get used to it, the problem is going from one bike to the other, the CT is slightly different from where you naturally want to put your thumb, possibly to do with the room needed for the extra switches on the DCT equipped bikes

Had a go on an older RT a couple of weeks ago and despite having GS's with the same indicator set up for years still kept pressing the horn when turning left  :157: