Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Blumeeni landed in Lanzarote yet ?  (Read 8720 times)

Offline Saxon747

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Highlander DCT
  • City / Town: Lincoln
Re: Blumeeni landed in Lanzarote yet ?
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 08:51:15 PM »
I had idea's of eventually retiring to the Lake district, but after the last week of weather we've had up here, I'm beginning to think that you have got the right idea Pete. Not so much as a CT, but more of a Jet ski to get my knee down on ,would be more appropriate at the moment  :230:

Offline blumeeni

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: PLAYA BLANCA
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 08:14:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by veejay [+]
Where did it all go wrong Blue?  :038:

I know lifes a beach init  :001:
Cheers Blu

Offline blumeeni

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 08:18:37 PM »
It's a Onda not an Aprilia init and I've every faith
Got a cover anyways and it lives under a wooden roof all enclosed
and if it falls to bits the bus service is ace!!!! :150:
Cheers Blu

Offline blumeeni

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2013, 08:36:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by Saxon747 [+]
I had idea's of eventually retiring to the Lake district, but after the last week of weather we've had up here, I'm beginning to think that you have got the right idea Pete. Not so much as a CT, but more of a Jet ski to get my knee down on ,would be more appropriate at the moment  :230:

Been looking at the weather today Rob, I had a right gloat on :008: there's very little I miss in the UK and the weathers not one I do miss the roads I love and grew up on in Wales but ho hum there's always a yin and yan eh! Roads here are ok the biggest problem for me is other traffic of which there's not a lot but what there is tends to dawdle so if you try cracking on a bit you can easily find yourself zooming in to the rear of a cage like something out of TRON.

Drivers here are very courteous to other road user's especially bikes but, they don't expect  to see some Welsh lunatic trying to get his kicks the way he used to back home.

The ct can't really stretch it's legs here like I could so I think a trip or two to the other Islands will be in order and if we like then maybe relocate AGAIN arrrrrrrrhh :157: :157: :157: :157:
Cheers Blu

Offline Saxon747

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Highlander DCT
  • City / Town: Lincoln
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2013, 09:09:09 PM »
It sounds like you are getting cabin fever, and land locked Pete  :187:  What you need is ............The whole of mainland Spain to play in  :007:   
Been nice here today. A high of 15'C  :082:   Tomorrow ,Rain 12 'C  :440:

Offline blumeeni

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2013, 02:41:07 AM »
*Originally Posted by Saxon747 [+]
It sounds like you are getting cabin fever, and land locked Pete  :187:  What you need is ............The whole of mainland Spain to play in  :007:   
Been nice here today. A high of 15'C  :082:   Tomorrow ,Rain 12 'C  :440:

You could be right there Rob though I'll give it a while before I decide to move again I did like the northern region of Spain but fuel and other costs of living are about the same as the UK.
Cheers Blu

Offline Biker Mike

• Crosstourer Member
  • Seen the rest, but want the best (next) - CT DCT
  • Bike: CBF1000F
  • City / Town: Poole
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2013, 06:53:55 AM »
Out of interest, one of the guys on the CBF forum took his bike to the islands last year and mentioned he had problems caused by the salt corrosion resulting from sea spray whilst on the ferry over. I seem to recall he mentioned keylocks were affected the worse.
Any evidence of that on your CT or were you canny enough to give the bike a good hose down on arrival?
Mike

Offline blumeeni

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2013, 10:53:08 AM »
We've been here five weeks now and the bike was washed the day after arrival + a good polish there was no sign of any corrosion.
Never had a problem with my bikes back in the UK in all the winters I rode on salted roads, I put this down to regular cleaning and polishing.
Cheers Blu

arab-exile