IMG 0116

Views: 327
Posted by: neil mcfarlane
in: neil mcfarlane
Sony AS30 on bike

Views: 289
Posted by: Doc
in: Doc

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Blumeeni landed in Lanzarote yet ?  (Read 8333 times)

Offline Saxon747

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Highlander DCT
  • City / Town: Lincoln
Blumeeni landed in Lanzarote yet ?
« on: October 05, 2013, 04:33:53 PM »
Just wondered if you had made it to Lanzarote yet Pete ? CT perform well ? Sue enjoy the pillion ride ? Did you enjoy the ride ?? :007:

I can see a good ride report coming up , once you find the time between hooning around the island and quaffing fine wine  :087:

Enjoy the winter :031: Rob.

Offline blumeeni

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: PLAYA BLANCA
Re: Blumeeni landed in Lanzarote yet ?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 05:28:49 PM »
Hi Rob yeah we've been here over a week now sorry not posted sooner, the wifi where we are staying is pretty crap even with a booster so we need to get something sorted soon.
Bike was brilliant the only fly in the ointment and it was a really big one is the headlight which was little better than a candle stuck on the front mudguard.
When we arrived in Lanzerote it was dark the lack of street lights and the crap CT headlight which is the worse of any bike I can remember, how the hell this thing got approval I'll never know. talk about style over function.
The following I posted today on another thread .......
A week last Sunday we set off from the uk on the CT for Lanzerote, panniers and top box fully loaded with a heine gericke big roll bag full and a not so lightweight pillion.
200 miles to Plymouth to catch the ferry to Santander then 600 miles to Cadiz for the ferry to Lanzerote. The journey on the CT was effortless, cruising between 85-95 with the odd overtake pushing 3 figures.
MPG suffered where I normally get 48-52 I was down to 43 worst 47 best still not too shabby eh!
Rider and pillion comfort was excellent with niether of us needing regular breaks though I had slightly stiff knees at the end of a long second day.
All in all I was really pleased with the CT handling the excessive weight it had loaded on it, no chain to lube, it didn't use a drop of oil and the reassurance of Honda reliability and quality brought peace of mind.
when we got to our destination and unloaded her a quick tweak of the suspension had me thinking I was back on a sports bike enabling  me to enjoy the twisties solo.
Taking into account some detours, we did a total of nearly 1000 miles fully loaded enjoying some great scenery made all the better for the weather ranging between 21 first thing in the mornings to 33c mid afternoon.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 06:17:26 PM by blumeeni »
Cheers Blu

Offline veejay

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 06:12:04 PM »
Hey Blu,
Glad you had a great ride down and are enjoying yourself........ Bet you will be missing the Welsh twisties pretty soon though!
You are so right about the headlight though - utter crap! What the hell were Honda thinking when they approved this? I have fitted some micro fog lights which are superb and illuminate the (very) dark foreground. I am thinking a HID upgrade is on the cards.....
Have a great time.
 :001:

Offline blumeeni

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 06:23:18 PM »
Sue looking back to Plymouth as we head for Santander
Cheers Blu

Offline Saxon747

• Crosstourer Master
  • City / Town: Lincoln
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 08:14:03 PM »
Hi Pete. Pleased the journey went ok , and you had some decent weather all the way down. Looks like the mpg was ok for a fully loaded bike, it's not like you do those kind of heavy journey's every week. Seems like an upgrade on the headlight is on the cards then ? Got to admit that I've not yet been out on mine in true darkness yet, but I think that we might have been spoiled with the Capo's headlight .  :084:  On balance you made the correct choice  :152:

Keep living the dream mate.  :305:

Offline blumeeni

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 09:14:32 PM »
Update!
Three weeks on and we've found a really nice villa with own pool two bedrooms two bathrooms etc
First ride out planned with some ex-pats on the Island this Sunday, though I've been informed they are a mix of Harleys, gold-wings and a smattering of sports bikes
So guess I'll be playing with the latter LOL
Some great roads here with DRY grippy tarmac lots of up downs, positive cambers, switchbacks, long sweepers and some great roundabouts.
Police presence some days on the long straights where they are expecting speeding but they don't bother to police the twisty stuff, Oh bliss!!!!
Weather has been fukin awesome with 25-30C blue skies with light fluffy clouds and a nice soothing breeze it's funny to think we don't have to go back to the UK which is in Autumn and soon to be in winter full swing
peeps ex-pats and the local Spanish are really friendly and helpful.
Fuel is a third cheaper than the UK at an average £0.94p a litre which is brill for my wallet also I'm finding as it's a small Island that I'm not doing the miles I was back in Wales which would be 200plus every time we went out but here its about 110-120 the rides just as enjoyable and takes in the whole day with stopping for breaks and a natter
So all in all it's good so far

CT likes its new home
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 10:00:28 PM by blumeeni »
Cheers Blu

Offline veejay

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 07:12:47 PM »
Where did it all go wrong Blue?  :038:

Offline Saxon747

• Crosstourer Master