Author Topic: Time for a change?  (Read 1535 times)

Offline zbdmark

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Warwickshire
Time for a change?
on: September 29, 2013, 08:23:12 PM
Hi all - I've joined this forum in order to help me decide if I should trade in my Ducati Multistrada 1200 Sport for a Crosstourer DCT. What do you think?   :440:
Clear your head by riding the bike

Offline cozmo1589

• Crosstourer Master
Re: Time for a change?
Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 08:30:27 PM
Yes yes yes ! ;-)

Offline Saxon747

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Highlander DCT
  • City / Town: Lincoln
Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 08:53:05 PM
Have you tried a DCT yet  to compare it to the Multi ?

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CRF1000
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 10:27:46 PM
Less power, more torque.... whats not to like ;-)

Offline slomogadgie

• Non Active
  • Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Olde School CT
  • City / Town: Peternapper
Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 06:29:08 AM
tough one really. CT 'does what it says on the tin', but you might get a slagging from your mates for buying a Honda. The Ducati seems to have a bit of kudos about it. I suppose it depands on what you are wanting out of it...trouble free motoring or......something else.
I'm saying it's a tough one because if I had tried the MS before the CT I think I would be on a Ducati forum at the moment.
What do you mean it's raining....get ootside and ride the thing.

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Ayr
Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 10:14:28 AM
 :400: to the forum

I have had my CT for a year now but there has been a Mutistrada demonstrator at work for a few weeks now

The first run on the MS I struggled to see where the 17k price tag came from, but since ridden it a few times now in sport mode it has changed my mind in a lot of areas

The power and handling are awesome,  but it is geared for 150mph whereas the CT is only about 130mph. The Ducati obviously has more top end but in a straight drag I think the CT would hold its own. You feel the speed with the MS due to the noise from the engine but the CT is so smooth you need to look at the speedo to appreciate just how fast it is going

Handling wise the Ducati feels more planted from the crate, the CT can go round a corner all right but needs to be worked harder, plenty on here have changed the suspension but personally I get on fine with the stock

For comfort I find the CT the best bike for miles however the MS is still a comfortable all day bike

For quality the CT wins, the Ducati has had a few bits loosen off and a couple of bits of plastic trim at the top fairing have gone forever. With the CT you have shaft drive so no weekly maintenance to keep a chain in top condition

At the end of the day for me it is a very close thing, both are excellent bikes but long term ownership on the CT is a safer bet for me. If I had money to throw at bikes every couple of years then I would probably have a MS to just have the Ducati experience

What I would also say is the CT has the option of DCT which you need to experience, particularly if you do two up mileage, its super smooth. Having said that I went the manual route as the price difference buys a fair bit of kit

You will need to ride at least a couple of hundred miles on the CT test ride, I only really started to enjoy the bike after 50 miles and stayed out on it for the rest of the day

Have you been out on a demo yet? Keep us updated  :031:

Offline slomogadgie

• Non Active
  • Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Olde School CT
  • City / Town: Peternapper
Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 11:49:52 AM
 :0461:
What do you mean it's raining....get ootside and ride the thing.

arab-exile