Author Topic: My Experience Off Road  (Read 1315 times)

Offline Gooner

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Crosstourer DCT
  • City / Town: Dunstable
My Experience Off Road
on: September 27, 2013, 08:20:58 PM
Today i went on the bmw off road course! and it was crap,i was crap and the 1200 lc was even more crap.
Of course you might or not ask why, well i will tell you anyway,i have to tell someone to get it off my mind.

At my age and condition i should know better,wrong ,don't do this if you think you are unable to stand on the pegs for 5 to 6 hours ,i only lasted 3 although didn't drop it as everyone in my group did.

As for the bike when it is described by some as a tractor it is talk about clunk click every trip and neutral forget it perhaps that's why the instructors tell you to just let the clutch out in first to turn it off.

Anyway can't wait to get back on mine something akin to chalk and cheese,long live the DCT.

Rant over,that's better.

Offline Allroadtoad

• Crosstourer Master
Re: My Experience Off Road
Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 08:48:59 PM
At the moment i'm at Hechlingen. Tomorrow and sunday my wife and i will be attending the BMW enduro course at Hechlingen. I'll be riding the 1200LC too so your story makes me anxcious and curious at the same time. We'ml see
`12 VFR1200X Silver
`98 DR650SE

Offline Eltar

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Fazer 8 '14
  • City / Town: Istanbul
Re: My Experience Off Road
Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 09:17:08 PM
I haven't been on bmw offroad course with the r1200gs lc, I rode my own CT on it. But from the few times I exchanged bikes with friends and actually went offroad, I am of the opinion that the new r1200 perform better offroad compared to my CT. The weight and the suspension made the differance, thats what I thought.

I DO prefer my CT over any GS when I am not going offroad tho.
average on my VFR1200X

Bikes owned: CBF250 - '08 V-Strom DL650 - '09 ST1300 Pan European - '13 VFR1200X - '14 Fazer 8

arab-exile