Author Topic: Bugger  (Read 3122 times)

Offline Tonyj

• Ex Member
  • Crosstourer Pro
Bugger
on: September 23, 2013, 07:43:41 AM
After my night before the day feeling I enlisted a friend to run me to the dealers in Kent ,which I've used for three bikes now ( Kent Honda ,this is a really good dealer )
Done the hand over , all excited.
Now need to get petrol to fill, which the dealer even paid for and this is when I've fumbled the nozzle , a big squirt of unleaded sprays everywhere and washes all in petrol , looks like I've ruined the screen it's gone all milky and streaky :0( . Looks like a good excuse to get a new screen , tried to polish but no results. BUGGER!!
First impressions are good but he seat hurt my bum at the base after 130 +_ so will need to get used to seat or poss alter , I can relieve it by raise myself from seat , so wil see if it improves, still impressed at engine and dct combo and it being all black just looks great ,got that feeling when in went into workshop to collect so know I've made a good choice.and the petrol is 8.5 ml/ltr which will get better but was done at a push on the way home kept it about 4/5k revs, mind you about a litre hit the bike :0)

Offline SHR61

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Hertfordshire
Re: Bugger
Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 11:32:00 AM
Givi Airflow works very well. I agree about the seat, it doesn't work for me.

Offline Tonyj

• Ex Member
  • Crosstourer Pro
Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 09:04:55 PM
Should really read my posts before I send , It reads as if I'm simple or new to the English language , sorry about that people, must try harder :0)

Offline andyrob

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFRXDCT
  • City / Town: Sunny Glasgow
Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 12:48:58 AM
Nah bud don't worry about it. I just thought u liked a drink. I do have to say I kept looking at your location. I figured u were on holiday/ an illegal. ;)

:063: :031:

Offline Harry H

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 08:59:40 AM
*Originally Posted by Tonyj [+]
Should really read my posts before I send , It reads as if I'm simple or new to the English language , sorry about that people, must try harder :0)

I was going to ask what the hell you were on about but then assumed like others you'd been on the shandy  :031:

Offline Hamish

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR 1200X
  • City / Town: Brisbane
Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 09:21:33 AM
Your not Robinson Crusoe there Fella...Been there done that. Just don't sit in it cause it takes the hide off your parts that aren't expose to the weather. Spent days just looking at my bike afterwards.
I keep reading....When you pick up your new bike in England the first stop is for fuel. Don't they fill it up before they hand it over? Never bought a new bike or car without a full tank of fuel.
Due to recent financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off until further notice.

Offline Tonyj

• Ex Member
  • Crosstourer Pro
Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 11:46:46 PM
Not sure if any other dealers do fill your bike up , he did pay for the petrol but you do it on the way home ,as you go like .
I've bought vehicles for work and these only get a gallon unless you argue the difference on price and its always the big sticking point as its about £7 a gallon , my t5 volks takes about £120 to fill that's why they nick fuel here!
Anyway for what it's worth had a little blast to Burnham on crouch ,Essex , tonight and my rear didn't ache like Sunday, but did a few miles less in the saddle. I was riding it a bit more spirited and totally enjoyed it , possibly because I was moving about a bit it didn't ache . still gotta get used to the dct lark
Just surprised that the petrol has made the screen all milky and streaky even though I washed it off within 2 Min's , was a bit disappointed as it was self inflicted, better I bulls it up I suppose , I might say its a feature and call ice screen or frosted for privacy  :008:

Offline 1coolbanana

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: NW Sydney
Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 03:18:32 AM
My cruiser takes 180 litres, 43 gallons...................that would make it 300 pounds  :005: ........... bugger   :012:
Cowabunga Dudes

Wuka Wuka

arab-exile