Author Topic: One more sleep  (Read 1755 times)

Offline Tonyj

• Ex Member
  • Crosstourer Pro
One more sleep
on: September 21, 2013, 08:30:22 AM
Yes just one more bedtime and I get my new out of the box dct all black gangsta ct,, then I will just for the record knock BMW,s about all the subjective issues that make you think about the choices you could've made . I won't really but if it helps confuse somebody,then why not   :008:
I liked both bikes,  took both for a decent test ride,the choices I dwelt on wasn't the pure off road capability of these machines as both to the majority are as redundant as a £100.000 range rover,it was .
 which did I prefer to look at , sit on and generally gell with.
the engine on the BM was at best a bit rumbley round my ankles,(I was riding a blackbird at the time ) the turn of real world speed , good but so much better on the Crosstourer ,  finish is good on the Honda , I read all the problems that seem to occur with the gs, but no bike is perfect , but so it can't be ignored as you would be a fool , that said the fact I got an offer that made sense to change , I settled on the Honda .
The choices for ktm BMW aprilla are good ones if they suit you, I fancied the gadgets but started to think of the electric rubbish  that goes wrong ie the most basic alarm can leave you stranded and felt I've no need for it, so basically scaled back what I really liked and bought the dct .
my friends  still ride sports bikes and think I'm crazy for opting for a weird gearbox like this and a sit up style bike but after riding it i was impressed with the package, being 20 st I've always been outside the average rider setup :008: so I just ride it fast as if its two up :0)) so once its set for my preference ill just ride around or over the problem , anyway the weight of bikes only an issue If you've gotta pick it up, Im not planning a trip over the bars so ill let you know if like or don't like

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Ayr
Re: One more sleep
Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 09:13:02 AM
Good luck with the new bike and getting a sleep tonight  :062:

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CRF1000
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 10:12:36 AM
 :400: tony

I'm sure you'll love it  :305:

Ian

Offline Tonyj

• Ex Member
  • Crosstourer Pro
Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 01:03:18 PM
It's a bit like Father Christmas time except I'm in Greece now 1200 o,clock and will be flying overnight back to Britain so will probably done for but still hyped up, nothing like getting a new toy :0)
I'm hoping it don't rain , fingers crossed picked up a new car once in black drove it home via a motorway and it looked knackered time I got home

Offline PaulB

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X silver
  • City / Town: Southend-on-Sea
Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 01:09:12 PM
Forecast looks good for tomorrow, not as warm as Greece but it will be dry and in the 20's. Safe flight and enjoy your first ride.
I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.

Offline jacob

• Non Active
  • Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Windsor
Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 05:25:53 AM
 :400: and I hope you are out riding on your new black CT - have fun  :152: :018:
2012 VFR1200X CrossTourer - April 2012 - http://crosstourer.tumblr.com/

arab-exile