Author Topic: What a mob of Fools  (Read 3438 times)

Offline Hamish

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR 1200X
  • City / Town: Brisbane
What a mob of Fools
on: September 18, 2013, 03:33:51 AM
Was informed yesterday that there will be no more Crosstourers coming to Australia. According to the Local Dealer.
Honda recon the market is too small here.....You'd think a small market is better than none.
Now Honda has nothing to compete with the BMW, Yamaha, Triumph and Kawasaki Adventure Style Bikes.
Their competitive edge was definitely the Price. Thousands cheaper than the others [except Kawasaki] and in most ways Better.
Wonder what Twat came up with that decision .
I have mates interested in them and they are not happy.
Come on Honda.....Wake up.
Due to recent financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off until further notice.

Offline Wez

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Perth
Re: What a mob of Fools
Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 04:23:16 AM
*lurk off*

Crap... This critter is/was the next toy, after all these years of BM's (3 GS's and 8/9 K's), I'd stopped drinking the Kool aid, the little BMW I've got at the moment I'm passing to my daughter. No regrets/fears as the little Rotax based critter's reliable, and I'd planned to replace it with an Xtourer!

Guess I'll just wait and see, none on the West Oz market at the moment and none in the showrooms either. I'd been told none for 6 months at least, and they were still in the current line up.

Was hoping when they introduced to the US market that it might pick up for them, option B is the Tenere, but I'm just not as keen on it.

Back to watching I guess.....

:232:
--
Another West Australian!

Offline cozmo1589

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 07:31:42 AM
That's a shame! For such a fantastic bike a big opportunity missed I'd say. Honda could of and should of really marketed the bike to compete in the super adventurer bike sector but instead really just "put in on the shelf" and let it see how it sold without any strong campaign behind it, its same all over it would seem. Weird eh? However this move could be good for used bikes keeping prices healthy and its nice to have something a little bit rare rather than something mass produced in tens of thousands of units that flood the market and is seen everywhere all the time.

Offline Tonyj

• Ex Member
  • Crosstourer Pro
Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 08:22:01 AM
Grab the nettle bring them over yourself seems like a perfect opportunity , you never know might be the challenge your waiting for

Offline Hamish

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 08:34:44 AM
*Originally Posted by Wez [+]
*lurk off*

Crap... This critter is/was the next toy, after all these years of BM's (3 GS's and 8/9 K's), I'd stopped drinking the Kool aid, the little BMW I've got at the moment I'm passing to my daughter. No regrets/fears as the little Rotax based critter's reliable, and I'd planned to replace it with an Xtourer!

Guess I'll just wait and see, none on the West Oz market at the moment and none in the showrooms either. I'd been told none for 6 months at least, and they were still in the current line up.

Was hoping when they introduced to the US market that it might pick up for them, option B is the Tenere, but I'm just not as keen on it.

Back to watching I guess.....

:232:
Seeing as how you live in Aus. The salesman that sold me mine says he can find a new one if you really want one.....Teammoto Springwood Qld.
Due to recent financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off until further notice.

Offline Wez

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Perth
Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 09:27:03 AM
Yep, looked on Bikesales I think it's the one... Bought unseen, once from other side, lesson learnt you might say....  :084:
Going to wait till a) they're released again or b) s/h pops up here, missed out on one about a month ago. $14K would've been ok (<5K)

Strange really, they kinda make sense, reliable V4, power and not ALL about dirt. Over here we have a LOT of straight roads... :)

--
Another West Australian!

Offline SHR61

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Hertfordshire
Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 03:58:06 PM
That seems a very short sighted decision and it's not as if they have to do much to the bike to make it compliant with Australian laws and emissions regulations. The speedo is easy to convert from MPH to KMH and as the Australians drive on the correct side of the road ( :001:) then the headlight shouldn't be an issue either.

Offline Hamish

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 05:02:08 AM
Oh...Did I mention that this is the third bike in a row i have purchased that was discontinued or no longer available in Australia. Talk about Jixed.
First was the Valkyrie 2002. Second. Kawasaki Vulcan 2000. 2007.Both went out of production the year after I bought one. Now the Crosstourer...Four months after purchase.
Don't mind telling you...I'm developing a real Complex here.
Mates already telling me to put the word out before buying my next Bike......Smart Arses.
Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 05:04:02 AM by Hamish