Author Topic: ME very sad broke it  (Read 1750 times)

Offline kimm

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: weymouth
ME very sad broke it
on: September 17, 2013, 09:36:01 PM
the day 28/8/13 I went for a ride in my area visiting a helmet city shop my chosen route included the brilliant b3157 my crosstourer Gliding over the tarmac  making me vary happy a wonderful  early evening  ride :152: shopping done the return on the amazing B3157 :730: I then felt it the need to forget ones age and enjoy the feeling that you get by forgetting the rules and ones own mortality (a senior moment),  my right hand opened up the v4 and yes what a exhilarating moment that was and then after a few miles  :430: head down gravel on road (not good) on bend knowing the choices are limited stay left and go with it (which I did) whilst flying was different the landing proved to be rather hard bouncing I believe twice resting on my back looking up at a blue sky thinking wow who's a lucky chap then.  my greatest concern was my crosstourer who people around me assured me was fine needless to say it wasn't but I was and I do believe on a lesser bike I may well not have been writing this short note included are a few pics all this because I made silly mistake thinking I was sixteen again but we are what we are be safe ride carefully but enjoy :002: 
Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 09:37:33 PM by kimm

Offline whitegloss

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: tyne and wear
Re: ME very sad broke it
Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 09:48:38 PM
As long as your okay, the bike can be repaired.

Are you getting it fixed through the insurance?

Offline Hartley

• Crosstourer God
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Northampton
Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 09:59:53 PM
As already said, you're ok, that's the main thing. Bike will get sorted.

Paul

Offline cozmo1589

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 11:31:20 PM
Woops! Sorry to hear about that, get it fixed and jump straight back on ASAP mate!!

Offline Tonyj

• Ex Member
  • Crosstourer Pro
Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 09:01:35 AM
Told this when I started riding ,there are two types of rider those who've fallen and those  who are gonna fall , so don't beat yourself up about it , yer your fed up that you've done damage to your bike/ pocket but it really don't matter . When you tell this storey make it bigger every time then it won't mean anything and you can smile because you didn't hurt yourself just your pride , easily fixed like last post get back on and ride some more all the best most of us have been there :002:

Offline Barbancourt

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200 X
  • City / Town: Drongen
Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 09:08:52 AM
I'm happy you are OK, which is the most important thing, but as I can see on both pictures, it will cost you an arm and a leg! Honda still things their spare parts are made of gold.

Offline veejay

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 11:28:34 AM
Glad you are ok! Bikes can be fixed..... and we are all still 18 at heart. Was the gravel from a bad surface, or a spillage? worth finding out  :038:

arab-exile