Author Topic: Near Miss!  (Read 1762 times)

Offline gazbiker

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Crosstourer 1200
  • City / Town: brackley
Near Miss!
on: September 14, 2013, 08:59:06 AM
CT fully loaded, Missus on the back, drove all the way to the lakes in Italy, Bike performed great, loads of grunt, effortless cruising through the Swiss mountains, backside a bit sore but who cares. Drove 1800 miles with no incidents until I was 10 miles from home in Milton Keynes when some dozy bat on the inside lane coming up to a roundabout decides to turn right with no indication, she didn't look, just changed direction in her own little world. I'm in the outside lane intending to continue straight on and then in slow motion I see the side of her car in front of me, she's staring right at me as I use every morsel of my survival instincts to avoid her, I completely crank the bike over to the right, I've got the footrest grinding out, the exhaust is on the ground with a trail of sparks behind it, even the brake lever is grinding out but somehow the bike sticks to the road and I miss her. My heart is now pounding in my head, the missus is silent we both realise how close it was! Batty woman drives off! Welcome to Milton Keynes!

Gaz :021:
Fireblade, Guzzi 1200, Ducati 888, Honda Firestorm, Honda VTR

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CRF1000
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
Re: Near Miss!
Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 10:18:44 AM
The roundabout capital of the world :038:

Sounds like a good save anyway, well done :020:

:305:

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 11:16:18 AM
Glad you are both OK. We always have to be prepared. Good save.  :028:

Offline Bitteliten

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 11:52:00 AM
I drive like everyone else are blind.

Has a similar experience in a crossing. Stopped the car and asked if she saw me. No, where did you come from she asked. I was in the middle of the crossing when she drove into it. I was on a red CBR, with yellow/black jacket and red helmet....

Glad you are ok!

Offline gazbiker

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 01:42:44 PM
Someone told me the Italians were bad! Come to Milton Keynes they're Blind and dangerous!

Really pleased with the CT though, lent over at probably 55 degrees, the only thing I didn't get down was me elbow....Rossi eat your heart out :047:

Gazzer

Offline Saxon747

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Highlander DCT
  • City / Town: Lincoln
Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 10:14:45 PM
Dozy *** :172: mare  :157: Good save Gazzer  :047:

Did 1400 miles around Scotland early summer without so much of a flinch. Then took my lad out the next day, and only 100yrds from our house on a notorious junction ,a car pulled out on us, but I had a sense that he hadn't seen us, due to eye contact { or lack of it as he never looked right }so I had slowed and was ready just in case.  :232:

Offline gazbiker

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 08:11:39 AM
I did have a close shave earlier in the year where I nearly T boned a french driver who just turned left across me, I did an emergency stop and my front wheel was 2" from his side door! My mate who was with me said I should drive more defenselessly and he reckons I need to go on one of those police courses? Maybe he's got a point or am I just being unlucky at the moment? :435:

Recent Topics

arab-exile