Author Topic: Chopsy  (Read 2469 times)

Offline Tonyj

• Ex Member
  • Crosstourer Pro
Chopsy
on: September 07, 2013, 08:23:52 AM
Looks like the blackbirds going and a crosstourer  dct taking his place , feel a bit nervous about the process as the bird is a phenomenal bike , well underrated but the offer was strong . So ill let you know how it goes ?
Rode one a few weeks back and was impressed by the dct , I know I must be mental what no clutch but I'm aware this forums OK with this :0). Just a thought but wouldn't mind a rear brake lever where the clutch is , as slow speed control is easier and more measured with the hand as opposed to the boot , hope this don't start something ,just saying , anyone else think of a down side to placing a lever here

Offline Eltar

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Fazer 8 '14
  • City / Town: Istanbul
Re: Chopsy
Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 08:36:55 AM
 :400: to the forum.
average on my VFR1200X

Bikes owned: CBF250 - '08 V-Strom DL650 - '09 ST1300 Pan European - '13 VFR1200X - '14 Fazer 8

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Ayr
Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 10:56:57 AM
*Originally Posted by Tonyj [+]
anyone else think of a down side to placing a lever here

You might forget the V4 engine and think you are on a mountain bike playing with the gears in manual mode  :005:

:400: Welcome to the forum, the Blackbird has to be one of the best bikes ever built so hope you don't miss it too much  :031:

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CRF1000
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 11:23:24 AM
*Originally Posted by Tonyj [+]
Looks like the blackbirds going and a crosstourer  dct taking his place , feel a bit nervous about the process as the bird is a phenomenal bike , well underrated but the offer was strong . So ill let you know how it goes ?
Rode one a few weeks back and was impressed by the dct , I know I must be mental what no clutch but I'm aware this forums OK with this :0). Just a thought but wouldn't mind a rear brake lever where the clutch is , as slow speed control is easier and more measured with the hand as opposed to the boot , hope this don't start something ,just saying , anyone else think of a down side to placing a lever here

:400: from Lancashire

Well you may be on to something there.........

your post just got me thinking that there may be some way of utilising the extra rear caliper that is CABLE operated by the handbrake lever on the bars?

I'm not suggesting trying to use THAT lever because it locks in the ON position to hold the DCT bikes when parked on a slope as you can't leave them in gear!!!

I did many miles off roading with a REKLUSE equipped dirt bike with a LH hydraulic clutch lever spliced into the foot operated hydraulic rear brake line (double banjo), it was brilliant for braking into RH berms when you needed to have your right foot off the footpegs

Having said all that I don't have a problem with slow manoeuvres using the foot operated version  :305:

I managed several Stelvio trips and other passes without too much drama in a recent Alps trip :020:

Ian  :305:

Offline PaulB

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X silver
  • City / Town: Southend-on-Sea
Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 06:56:10 PM
  :400: Tony. You weren't by any chance the guy that popped into Belle Vue, Southend a few weeks ago and spoke to me about the CT? If not its a bit of a coincidence as there was a Tony with a Blackbird. Good choice made.  :028:
I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.

Offline Tonyj

• Ex Member
  • Crosstourer Pro
Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 07:06:19 PM
Yep  choice made ? Blackie going (schh) got my self a all black dct , and yes was the same bloke in Bellvue as here , ther two fellas by the bike , I think one was buying and the other had is outside with the Leo pipe on

Offline PaulB

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X silver
  • City / Town: Southend-on-Sea
Reply #6 on: September 07, 2013, 07:36:20 PM
It was my bike outside with the Arrow can. You asked me my unbiased  :038: thoughts on the CT. One other guy had just bought one and another was thinking about purchasing after having his KTM stolen, hopefully I did enough to persuade him.
What colour did you go for?
I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.

Offline Tonyj

• Ex Member
  • Crosstourer Pro
Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 09:31:25 AM
Bought the black because I like washing them (not really ) , silver was my next choice but ended up with the all black version , I suppose everyone will say these are the slowest most problematic and worth the least  :001: but  I'm looking forward to getting it in a couple of weeks, went with std bike in the end not the se as will envariably suit my self on bits that I will use ,just added a stand so I could clean etc
So Paul your the reason that ct's are gonna be as common as gs's in a bike park