Author Topic: Scott Redding.....  (Read 1982 times)

Offline veejay

• Crosstourer Pro
Scott Redding.....
on: September 01, 2013, 12:55:09 PM
Boy done good!  :046:

Offline whitegloss

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: tyne and wear
Re: Scott Redding.....
Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 07:22:10 PM
I was there to see it  :046:

Offline veejay

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 08:13:49 PM
Bet the atmosphere was amazing! Been following his career for years as he lives a stones throw away from us. Hard work and self belief are powerful tools - and he is proof of that.

Offline andyrob

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFRXDCT
  • City / Town: Sunny Glasgow
Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 11:38:21 AM
Became a fan after being at the Portuguese GP a few years ago.
Bit grey cold and damp, but we watched every session. About a dozen folk scattered about a stand across from the pit exit on the Friday early morning. GP2's come gently out apart from yer man Redding. Monster stand up wheelie! Hero!

Did this every session, wheelie ,look over to the crowd. Won himself plenty of local support too.

Also remember him taking the piss/clowning about (like any other daft boy) to that BBC presenter on live telly. Human and having fun. No robots!

Seems he can race a bit too. Chuffed he has what would appear to be a decent big bike ride next season.

Fingers crossed for the world title.

Offline veejay

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 05:48:40 PM
First heard about him when a chap joined our fishing match group in 2001, his name is Daryl Powell. I got talking to him after his first (unsuccessful) match and he said that he had been mentoring his nephew in schoolboy MX, but the lad had lost interest in it. Saw him a couple of weeks later and he said that the kid had taken a shine to mini - moto's at Hullavington. He said he was leaving the match fishing to concentrate on supporting the lad in that - bloody good move that man!
I only twigged who Scott was when he mentioned his uncle, Daryl Powell on twitter and stated that he owes his success to his uncle.....

Offline PaulB

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X silver
  • City / Town: Southend-on-Sea
Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 06:43:57 PM
I was there too, Becketts. Didn't realise how good a view you get from there! Was with a couple of guys who know Scott (from the same town) and met him during him signing at the Bennetts stand. He's a great guy and still down to earth.
Seen him win at Le Mans and now Silverstone but he was definitely up for winning yesterday. Also loved the bike colour scheme, hope he keeps it but I doubt it being a Belgium team. I have a great picture of him celebrating in front of the stand.........
I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.

Offline Barbancourt

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200 X
  • City / Town: Drongen
Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 07:39:31 PM
 Nice picture!

Offline andyrob

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFRXDCT
  • City / Town: Sunny Glasgow
Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 09:01:40 AM
Gutted for the boy.

Did not realise anything was up until I watched the recording of the moto2 race and was frantically scanning the grid for him to no avail.

Just terrible bad luck!

At least he has a decent job on the big bikes next year.

GWS dude.

arab-exile