Author Topic: One up the Arse  (Read 2386 times)

Offline Harry H

• Crosstourer Pro
One up the Arse
on: August 28, 2013, 05:00:13 PM
Pulled up at a Zebra crossing this morning to let a pedestrian cross and the next thing I know I'm launched up the road buy one of those massive tipper trucks hitting me up the back side.

Bike stayed up right but it smashed the top box off the back and I'm a little concerned the rear light unit doesn't quite look straight anymore. Going to pop into the dealers tomorrow am for them to give it the once over as I have a sneeky suspicion the damage may be more than skin deep.

The driver was very apologetic and his boss was on the phone to me pretty quickly so hopefully it's going to be simple on the transaction front but we shall see.

Could have been very nasty :033:

Offline veejay

• Crosstourer Pro
Re: One up the Arse
Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 05:42:24 PM
 :005:
Are you ok?

Offline ukiboy

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Vfr1200x
  • City / Town: London
Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 06:21:56 PM
 :0461: Make sure you get yourself checked out if you feel any twinges or sore bits.
It must be something in the water lately as I also had my CT walloped today... Parked outside a derelict shop and the old shop hoardings/frontage collapsed and gave my bike a hug  :005:
If ever anyone needs a new near side mirror mounting, its part of the master cylinder for the clutch and you have to buy all the associated bits with it: approx. 280 quid inc VAT but that's without my dealer fitting it.. And there looks to be more damage which my dealer will investigate when they get my bike in to replace the clutch master cylinder..

I'm reminded of an old wise man who once told me - 'If its got tits or wheels, sooner or later it'll give you trouble'  :008:

Offline veejay

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 06:29:11 PM
*Originally Posted by ukiboy [+]
:0461: - 'If its got tits or wheels, sooner or later it'll give you trouble' 

:745: Brilliant!

Offline SHR61

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Hertfordshire
Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 07:05:45 PM
At least you are in one piece :002:

Offline Barbancourt

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200 X
  • City / Town: Drongen
Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 07:29:23 PM

I'm reminded of an old wise man who once told me - 'If its got tits or wheels, sooner or later it'll give you trouble'  :008:

If it has been told by an old wise man, it must be true!

Offline ukiboy

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Vfr1200x
  • City / Town: London
Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 07:38:59 PM
But fortunately there is a cure for the bike related heartache and I'm having one right now - its called Heineken (or whichever beer you prefer to use)  :031:

Offline SHR61

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Hertfordshire
Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 07:59:04 PM
But fortunately there is a cure for the bike related heartache and I'm having one right now - its called Heineken (or whichever beer you prefer to use)  :031:

Some Bombardier in the house with my name on :031: