Author Topic: Alternative Supplier to Touratech UK  (Read 3876 times)

Offline SHR61

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Hertfordshire
Alternative Supplier to Touratech UK
on: August 25, 2013, 12:18:42 AM
You may be aware that Touratech UK prices are much higher than Touratech Germany prices, but if you try and order through the German website it will always direct you to the UK importer when you enter a UK address.

But there is an alternative that I have used earlier this year:-

http://www.motorcycle-luggage-shop.com

For example, a Touratech high seat for the CT from the UK is £454 for the breathable high seat. But from the company above it is 399 euros or £346. It goes to show the mark up we have to suffer in the UK and how much we are taken advantage of.

Offline Allroadtoad

• Crosstourer Master
Re: Alternative Supplier to Touratech UK
Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 09:09:04 AM
Here in the Netherlands the same. I was lucky to be in the vicinity of the Touratechshop in Niedereschach, Germany so I took the opportunity to go there. German VAT-rates are lower (19%) than dutch (21%) so there`s an extra bonus. Touratech.NL also has the nasty habbit of stocking all orders and than deliver within a couple of weeks to reduce costs. TTGermany used to send the product right away  when not working with country reps. It was really neat to go in the shop. One of the designers, Bart van den Boogard, is dutch and a GS-club.nl-member, he gave my wife and me a tour through TTGermany, a substantial factory with over 200 employees. With Bart I discussed the fact that there are still so few items available for the Crosstourer; according to Bart that is due to the fact
a)that it`s not easy to bolt on products on a bike that look good and do the job on a bike that is designed to be entirely ready according to Honda. Items like headlight covers and such are difficult to design.
b)that the Crosstourer is not the sales-hit the GS is... This year TT is cutting items from their catalog for the first time, items for bikes that don`t sell anymore are discontinued.
Thanks for the link!
`12 VFR1200X Silver
`98 DR650SE

Offline Barbancourt

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200 X
  • City / Town: Drongen
Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 11:18:47 AM
Question, is Kahedo and Touratech the same?

Offline Allroadtoad

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 11:28:57 AM
No, Kahedo supplies to Touratech. They make seats, bags and then some.
`12 VFR1200X Silver
`98 DR650SE