Author Topic: Additional wiring harness adaptor  (Read 4634 times)

Offline Beer Belly

• Crosstourer Member
Additional wiring harness adaptor
on: August 24, 2013, 05:37:11 PM
I'm looking at buying the additional wiring harness that plugs into the loom behind the left hand front fairing panel, my previous VFR1200FD had one to power the heated grips and it was an easy way of taking off further switched power feeds for satnav etc. Before I order one does anyone know where they plug into as the wiring on the CT is a bit different to the FD. I've taken a photo and I guess it will probably hook into the blank plug with the four wires coming out of it, as indicated at the end of the socket extension bar.

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
Re: Additional wiring harness adaptor
Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 05:59:30 PM
Hi BeerBelly,
Lots of previous discussion on here ref your picture. You are on the right road behind the left hand panel. There are permanent live, ignition switch live and earth at this socket.
Honda supply a quartet harness to suit this (4 flying leads)for all matter of accessories. Try this thread  ( there are a few others)

https://www.crosstourer.com/index.php/topic,1197.8.html
or here may be better
https://www.crosstourer.com/index.php/topic,1498.24.html
 :001:
T
Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 06:11:59 PM by thetrecker
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

Offline Beer Belly

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 09:36:16 PM
Thanks, very useful, I might just splice into the wires just before the plug. If anyone else is interested this is part of a previous post giving info on the wiring:

OK, here goes Telbert,
Firstly I thought when you said "Fuzeblock" you meant just that- a fuse unit, After looking at your link I now understand what you mean. Its a neat unit and a good idea, the only downside is than everything must run from under the seat area as they rightly recommend it to be as close to the battery as possible, which means that if you take a switched ignition supply from the connector under the left panel, you need to go back to the battery area to the unit and then to the handle bar/ front area to supply accessories... anyway
the famous connector under the left hand panel has 4 wires on my CT
Wire 1= green and is an Earth/ ground
Wire 2= White with a Green stripe and is a permanent live
Wire 3= Black with a Yellow stripe and is the ignition on supply
Wire 4= Red with a Blue stripe and is  :187: No supply at any position, the French Wiring diagram posted on here shows it going to the indicator/hazard  or "Answer back" terminal/switch but even with this on there is a flicker of voltage but no 12v on and off so I will have to investigate further .
So Wire3 is the one you are interested in to supply the Fuseblock.

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Ayr
Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 08:43:36 AM
Beer Belly

I don't know what you intend to run off the wiring but when I went to my dealer to get a harness to run a set of halogen lights from it they said not too as I had the heated grips fitted and it would overload the wiring, they said they would not wire both to the circuit and advised to run my lights with a fuse from the battery as the loom could not cope with the draw of grips and halogen lights and would result in a melted loom or electrical fire worst case

Honda lights are LED so only have a very small current so the loom can cope with grips and OE lights

Hope this makes sense

Offline Beer Belly

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 11:57:07 AM
I'm just taking off a feed for an intercom and satnav so low current draw.

arab-exile