Author Topic: Signed on the dotted yesterday, im so excited!!!!!  (Read 6412 times)

Online Hartley

• Crosstourer God
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Northampton
Signed on the dotted yesterday, im so excited!!!!!
on: August 18, 2013, 11:37:02 AM
As the title suggests ive ordered my Crosstourer. :001:

We'd had a deal offered at Grafton in MK on a Highlander that we were happy with  but my wife wanted to sit on a bike with all the luggage fitted before signing on the dotted line.
 The closest place to us with a fully kitted out bike was Doble in south London, 100 miles from us so it was a trip down the M1 and round the M25 for us.
They actually have two used ones in the showroom, one with Honda kit and the other with Givi Trekker, crashbars and spots.  My wife found the Givi boxes gave her a little more room on the pegs and seemed to offer more space between rider and pillion, also liked the Givi crash bars and spots.
 So we tore up our original thoughts an have ordered a manual CT with Honda grips and stand, Givi Trekker cases and Givi Crashbars and spots.

I didnt realise we were actually dealing with Mike Doble, he offered us a lot more for my FJR than the other two dealers and did us a great deal, the bike as we spec'd it came to nearly the same price as the Highlander but we also got a fair few bits thrown in. We're very happy with the deal. Oh yeah, theyre going to deliver it too so i dont have negotiate the London orbital carpark again.

Paul
Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 05:40:44 PM by Hartley

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Ayr
Re: Signed on the dotted yesterday, im so exicited!!!!!
Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 11:39:21 AM
Congratulations on the deal, picture when delivered please  :062:

Online Hartley

• Crosstourer God
Re: Signed on the dotted yesterday, im so exicited!!!!!
Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 11:44:27 AM
Cheers Mika, will post pics when she arrives.

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
Re: Signed on the dotted yesterday, im so excited!!!!!
Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 12:52:28 PM
Congrats Paul. Sounds like you got a good deal - especially with the delivery! Nice one Doble.

Offline Gooner

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Crosstourer DCT
  • City / Town: Dunstable
Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 04:34:49 PM
Yet another satisfied Doble's customer i thought they were great as well highly always highly recommended.

Offline SHR61

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Hertfordshire
Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 08:39:32 PM
Looks like I will have to give Doble's a ring! Current offer I have on the table is heated grips and centre stand thrown in at list price and book price for my current bike.

Offline GeofftheChef

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X Black
  • City / Town: Manchester
Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 10:04:58 PM
good on yer mate...sounds like good deal from Dobles... I can also highly recommend HUNTS,Manchester for great trade in deals etc...just bought my Crosstourer from them, my third new bike from them in past nine years... :)

Online Hartley

• Crosstourer God
Reply #7 on: August 18, 2013, 11:12:10 PM
SHR61,
Obviously i dont know your bike but what i will say is they offered me a lot more than the other dealers for my bike and they (2 other dealers) were already giving me about a grand more than the trade value of my bike. Id be very surprised based on my experience yesterday if you didnt get a better deal at Doble, the Guy who went through all the bumpf with us said we got a better deal because we dealt with Mike Doble, might be worth asking for him.

Geoff,
Couple of mates of mine live in Manchester and have bought  from Hunts they say they are good.