Author Topic: Deals on New CT's  (Read 7024 times)

Offline SHR61

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Hertfordshire
Deals on New CT's
on: August 16, 2013, 11:06:18 AM
What sort of deals have those of you who have bought new CT's been getting? Have the dealers been willing to come down on the list price or have they been sticking to list but been prepared to do good deals on accessories?

Offline cozmo1589

• Crosstourer Master
Re: Deals on New CT's
Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 11:08:08 AM
Not a penny off of mine - was told Honda not needing to discount to move stock and that would help future residual valves for second hand market

Offline Gooner

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Crosstourer DCT
  • City / Town: Dunstable
Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 12:47:13 PM
Neither off of mine but did get a good trade in on my TEX (you try and sell one!)and got all my accessories fitted free + a good deal on my Givi Luggage.

Offline SHR61

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 12:51:37 PM
Thanks,

My local dealer in Hertfordshire have given me a part ex on my GS Adventure based on list price. In this weeks MCN Tippetts have got one CT at £10500 including Kappa panniers and top box, crashbars and a different screen but the only other offer I have seen up to now is the £500 deposit contribution if you use the finance.

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Ayr
Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 01:12:46 PM
Nothing off the list price but £1100 more in a trade in than BMW or Triumph were offering, I had already made up my mind on the CT but that made it all the better

Just remember not to get too carried away with list prices, its the change price that is the important bit, who knows how dealers go about their finances

Offline SHR61

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 01:33:34 PM
The change price, based on the part ex offer against a manual CT is not too bad, but I have to factor in the cost of a centre stand. I'm not sure about the Honda heated grips, they are £275 plus fitting costs. The dealer has quoted a price of £600 to supply and fit the heated grips and centre stand, which seems a lot to me, especially as the grips, according to some, are not very effective.

Other things such as the service package for £575 and the one year warranty extension with the addition of Europe breakdown recovery at £320 may give room for negotiation.

Offline slomogadgie

• Non Active
  • Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Olde School CT
  • City / Town: Peternapper
Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 06:20:17 PM
I got luggage, touring screen, centre stand thrown in. But it was an ex demo (of which I had demo'd most of the miles on it). If I remember correctly it was 10k. So not really a lot off.
What do you mean it's raining....get ootside and ride the thing.

Offline ukiboy

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Vfr1200x
  • City / Town: London
Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 08:18:58 PM
Have you tried Dobles in Coulsdon? They did me an unbelievable part ex price for my old bike and they consistently seem to do great deals..
I usually use my local dealer who is very good but Dobles gave me a great deal over the phone so I went 60 miles out of my way to give them my custom.
Have heard people buying from them from as far away as Scotland so they must be doing something right.