Author Topic: wirral newbie.  (Read 1262 times)

Offline wideparting

• Crosstourer Junior
wirral newbie.
on: August 04, 2013, 03:17:11 PM
hello people,recently joined,coming from a 12gsa.first impressions of the crosstourer dct.had a little bimble to cumbria with the mrs and loaded with luggage.bags of power for overtakes,surprising amount of room,thought we may be a bit squashed but no probs.slow speed manouvres had me wobbling a bit,just got to get used to the gearbox.front suspension seems hard [ill have to read up on this].the standard screen is useless,although i have a larger one for long distances,but seems to make the bike vibey at motorway speeds.all in all quite pleased.do a few rallies and like to get off to europe once a year,im out most weekends on the bike usually north wales,so anyone fancy some company give me a shout.use my bikes all year[but i draw the line at snow].  keep the shiney side up.   jim :031:

Offline Saxon747

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Highlander DCT
  • City / Town: Lincoln
Re: wirral newbie.
Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 03:59:12 PM
Hello and  :400: Jim. Good choice with the DCT  :028: It is a heavy beast, and you do get used to it at low speeds U turns etc after a while. I took mine up the Applecross pass this year ,loaded with wife and luggage  and despite the tight switch backs ,I felt fully confident at all times with it. I still run the standard screen, but seem to have got used to the bit of extra wind noise, but I don't seem to suffer with any turbulence . If you search for a post from Veejay who came from a GS btw, on suspension settings. He seems to have hit the spot for a good few peeps on here, followed by a bit of a fine tune by the individual . There are a few  members on here from the Lancashire side and the Welch borders who maybe up for a meet/ ride out. Wind and suspension aside, you have bought yourself a very capable stylish  :084:  bike that so far in its short history ,has no reliability issues  :020:
 :031: and enjoy your fantastic 'V' 4 .

Offline Eltar

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Fazer 8 '14
  • City / Town: Istanbul
Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 04:34:23 PM
 :400:
average on my VFR1200X

Bikes owned: CBF250 - '08 V-Strom DL650 - '09 ST1300 Pan European - '13 VFR1200X - '14 Fazer 8

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CRF1000
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 07:27:31 PM
 :400: Jim from the land of pasties :169:

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Ayr
Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 08:34:34 PM
 :400: to the forum Jim, there is plenty on here to assist you with farkles  :031:

Offline slomogadgie

• Non Active
  • Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Olde School CT
  • City / Town: Peternapper
Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 11:48:54 PM
aye aye fit like Gadgie?
What do you mean it's raining....get ootside and ride the thing.

Offline wideparting

• Crosstourer Junior
Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 02:08:12 PM
thanks for the welcome guys,hope to meet up on the road sometime,any rideouts or camping weekends planned. j