Author Topic: Honda service price?  (Read 16687 times)

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Ayr
Honda service price?
on: August 03, 2013, 01:02:11 PM

My CT will be a year old next months and has only 7k on it and will get the yearly service from the supplying dealer, just curious as to what people are paying for their servicing from Honda dealers

Dont want to get in to a debate about buying parts and servicing myself as I always get dealer service while the bike is in warranty  :031:

Offline SunAndSea

• Ex Member
  • Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SA
  • City / Town: St Julians
Re: Honda service price?
Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 01:20:24 PM
I paid £550 for the service package which covers the 1st 4 services including the 1st valve check service. That basically covers all servicing for the 1st 3 years, so £137.50 per service, no matter how complex.

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 01:38:22 PM
Hi Mika,
I paid £180stg for the 8000mile service which included oil and filter and air filter ( around £45 for the air filter I think!) and a general check over, which I think was good. At this rate it will be cheaper than the service package.
Cheers T
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CRF1000
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 03:31:36 PM
*Originally Posted by thetrecker [+]
Hi Mika,
I paid £180stg for the 8000mile service which included oil and filter and air filter ( around £45 for the air filter I think!) and a general check over, which I think was good. At this rate it will be cheaper than the service package.
Cheers T

that's quite a good price for the 8K service :152:

IIRC a VTEC inspection service was £450'ish on the 800's so 'IF' they actualy 'DO' the inspection on yours at 16K miles you may find you could well be very wrong in that assumption  :015:

Add the 4 x iridium plugs @ nearly £40 each (that ARE included in the package) and it could be an eye opener for you later on  :157:

:305:

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 07:53:18 PM
Yes Scotsy,
But the spark plugs are not due until 32k miles, so if you average your mileage at 8 k a year , this will be in 4 years time.... outside the 3 year plan from Honda!and the air filter was not scheduled this time so it could have been cheaper.
I have been trying to source the spark plugs from some of the online suppliers but no luck so far, they are quite unusual ( like the Varadero before)But I will persist.
T

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CRF1000
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 08:36:27 PM
*Originally Posted by thetrecker [+]
Yes Scotsy,
But the spark plugs are not due until 32k miles, so if you average your mileage at 8 k a year , this will be in 4 years time.... outside the 3 year plan from Honda!and the air filter was not scheduled this time so it could have been cheaper.
I have been trying to source the spark plugs from some of the online suppliers but no luck so far, they are quite unusual ( like the Varadero before)But I will persist.
T

Ha Ha good spot trecker, I misread my own scan of the schedule  :015: serves me right for trying to be clever tw@t...........

I'll get mi coat ......................... :305:

(I still think its a bargain though)

Offline Barbancourt

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200 X
  • City / Town: Drongen
Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 09:41:30 PM
On my 12.000 km service I paid € 91,20. That included the oil and the oilfilter. No airfilter. In a few months I'll have to go for my 24.000 km service. I think that will be another story! :012:

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #7 on: August 04, 2013, 03:06:22 PM
 Ha Scotsy, You need to be up early to fool a paddy!
With ref to the VFR800 VTEC, £450 ish for a 16 k service? looking at the schedule, its quite like the CT - oil and filter and a valve check at 16 k.
My service took 1.5 hours at £36.85stg + vat an hour labour, total was £135 if you leave out the air filter as it was not due. That leaves £315 for the valve check.... or say £60 for parts like rocker cover gaskets and replacement shims and around 6 hours at 36.85+ vat an hour,  :435:are you sure they were no other consumables as this sounds very excessive!
I know the VTEC's were slated for complicated service time on the valves( its a complex procedure but its much simlper on a CT and can't really be compaired ) but that's daylight robbery. I would be considering another dealer. They DO vary in price

Barbancourt -  I like the sound of your dealer, stick with him :821:
Cheers T   
Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 04:48:33 PM by thetrecker

arab-exile