Author Topic: alternative rear shock replacement reviews  (Read 2614 times)

Offline whitegloss

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: tyne and wear
alternative rear shock replacement reviews
on: August 02, 2013, 02:23:11 PM
I was wondering if any of you guys who have replaced the rear shock with hyperpro, wilbers etc could give a mini report of their findings, price and shock specification .
I dont think the standard one is to bad but i might have a few quid to spend and fancy an upgrad.By the way im using vejays setting and they are a good improvement over standard.
Can we not have a full debate regarding why to change or not to change the rear shock  :001: just your fidings.

Cheers  :063:

Offline whitegloss

• Crosstourer Pro
Re: alternative rear shock replacement reviews
Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 03:35:22 PM
Cheers for the indepth reviews :001: very helpful.

Anyway had another look through the forum and have ordered the hyperpro shock, with remote preload and high and low speed compression. Basically the same spec as frank b.

I will take some photos of the installation as im doing it myself. It will take four weeks to arrive

Offline CrossX

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: White Manual CT
  • City / Town: Valencia
Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 05:31:17 PM
I did not give you my review because I,m waiting for Öhlins technicians to finish their HO 217 (the shock absorber they are developing for the Crosstourer).

Anyway, the Hyperpro has a very good reputation also and It would be nice when you fit it in your CT that you could send some photos to us. Besides, the HP is fitted with complete adjustments to meet all your demands.

When you fit it, I advice you to check the reccomended settings stated in HP's manual. You should do that in whatever new suspension element. That's the starting point to work with them in case you need to (nevertheless I think you won't need to change anything due to their quality).

Keep us informed; but better in the "Aftermarket options for upgrading CT suspension" thread...not because that is better than this, but to have all the info as compcat as possible.

Are you also going to change front fork springs? I think you should not to damage the balance between the two axles of the bike. That´s important.

:821:
Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 05:38:12 PM by CrossX

Offline whitegloss

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 05:58:35 PM
Hi crossx, i should have kept with the main thread but never mind.

I am probably going with matris cartridges when i save up some more money. In the past i have fitted front fork springs when the springs as standard have been a little soft with lots of dive when braking, however i dont get that with the ct.

I dont personally think a change of springs will provide the plushness i am looking for with the standard set up

Offline CrossX

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: White Manual CT
  • City / Town: Valencia
Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 10:30:46 PM
Please Whitegloss...keep us informed on the other thread if you fit the Matris Front Fork Kit...

This is an option I'm also considering seriously...

:028:

Recent Topics

arab-exile