Author Topic: Good dealership  (Read 1317 times)

Offline Hartley

• Crosstourer God
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Northampton
Good dealership
on: August 01, 2013, 11:04:39 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for Honda dealers in the Midlands?
 I currrently have two Yamahas (XJR1300 & FJR1300) and know from experiance how much dealers can differ.
Im in Northampton (UK) and my closest is Grafton in Milton Keynes followed by Kestral Honda in Coventry who arranged a test ride for me last weekend and i have to say they were pretty good.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Ayr
Re: Good dealership
Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 12:23:38 AM
Paul, can't recommend anyone close by, but Dobles are very good and will deliver nationwide. They beat my local dealer by £400 who matched them after I showed them the quote

HTH

Offline Feet up

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: RED CTX
  • City / Town: Barwell
Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 08:28:21 PM
If it’s any recommendation I purchased my Pan from Kestrel but didn’t give them a chance at selling me a CT. Give Richard a call at Suttons in Tamworth, he gave me a great trade in on my Fazer. If you haven’t got a trade in go for cheapest and then look for a dealer you can trust to service your bike correctly.

Offline Hartley

• Crosstourer God
Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 10:06:51 PM
Thanks for the replys guys.
Might look into Doble , thanks Mika.

If theres not much difference in the deals id rather buy from the dealer i intend to use for servicing. Went into Grafton in MK today and discussed a deal today, they would be the most convienient for me. They said theyd match what Kestral could do and seemed friendy enough.
Give Richard a call at Suttons in Tamworth, he gave me a great trade in on my Fazer.
Oddly enough ive got to go to Wales tomorrow and planned to drop into Suttons on the way home as they've got a CT in with the standard luggage which ive never seen in the metal.

Where do you get your bikes serviced?

Salesman suggested trying a DCT version while i was there so i got out on one of those for an hour. Very clever bit of kit. Also gave me a chance to try the Crosstourer out again, still my first choice at the mo.

Paul
Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 10:10:17 PM by Hartley

Offline Hartley

• Crosstourer God
Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 07:52:57 PM
Managed to get into Sutton in Tamworth today, actually spoke to Richard, the bike i wanted to look at was over at the other branch in Bromsgrove but he did show me the luggage and told me the Yamaha dealer down the road had one if i wanted to see one, which i couldnt quite believe.
Had a chat about prices and trade in. I have to say he seemed very honest and straight, liked him straight away.

arab-exile