Author Topic: Tour de France effect....  (Read 1597 times)

Offline veejay

• Crosstourer Pro
Tour de France effect....
on: July 21, 2013, 03:08:48 PM
Took the wife out for a ride into Wales today and have to say that the ride was marred by the present fashion for Team Sky wannabes riding 4 abreast around blind bends - idiots! Do they not realise that the road is not closed for their use alone?
The upshot is that as I approached a blind righthander over a brow, I came face to face with a complete muppet in a mondeo on my side of the road overtaking Chris Froome's dog and his mates, who were blocking his side of the road  :005:.
Lucky wifey was on the back or I may have been approaching the bend considerably quicker than I was ;)
'Twas a close shave and I still don't know how we squeezed between the car and the hedge - my ears are still ringing from the scream through the intercom from the back of the bike.
And to top it all, it was bloody cold and I had to use the heated grips!

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Ayr
Re: Tour de France effect....
Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 06:25:49 PM
Heated grips, shame on you  :190:

Offline blumeeni

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: PLAYA BLANCA
Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 06:48:56 PM
Glad you got home in one piece, heated grips!!!!what part of Wales?we basking in 27c all day.
Cheers Blu

Offline veejay

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 09:34:35 PM
19 deg Usk at 10.30 am........ 30.7 deg Gloucester 4.00pm - weird!

TBH I was wearing a mesh suit and gloves and just a tee shirt....... and boots and a helmet of course, and a bloody great big grin!  :001:

Offline Barbancourt

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200 X
  • City / Town: Drongen
Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 08:43:05 AM
Last week, on one of our rides in the dolomites we got completely soaked after a million liter of water coming down! Temperature went from 34°C to 12°C in no time. I can tell you that with my very light wet summergloves, it was f..king cold!
But no problem, gloves can dry, and the sun came back after a while. It 's holiday, so no stress, and I tried to keep the smile on my face!