Author Topic: Vista cruise control on CT  (Read 4289 times)

Offline Steve1300

• Crosstourer Member
  • City / Town: Bredene
Vista cruise control on CT
on: July 20, 2013, 07:54:22 PM
I want to install a vista cruise on my manual CT
Does it work or is it to difficult to let it work good?
Do i need the 7/8 or 1''?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271237633193?item=271237633193&pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&cmd=ViewItem&hash=item3f2705d4a9&vxp=mtr

Offline cozmo1589

• Crosstourer Master
Re: Vista cruise control on CT
Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 09:01:49 PM
Ive been looking at these too, seem to be fairly straight fwd , there are videos on YouTube showing how easy to install ;-)

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CRF1000
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 08:17:02 AM
I have had one on my CT but since removed it due to losing the space on the grip. The heated grip moulded shape around the wire and the vista clamp thingy combine to use up approx 25mm of the inner grip so after hardly using it in Scotland in May i removed it. I wished i had put it back on for the Alps trip last month though as my right arm could have done with some respite on some of the long fast stretches of motorway/autobahn.

I have used my vista on about the last 5 bikes when embarking on long journeys as i have ongoing problems with tendonitis and grip in my right arm and can then ride left handed for a while to rest it

There may be a bit of farkling required to fit one to your bikes though and remember that they only hold the throttle in a position, the speed is free to fluctuate as the terrain alters (eg. an uphill road would slow you down a little and vice versa)

Offline blumeeni

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: PLAYA BLANCA
Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 09:11:51 AM
Don't bother with the one your looking at it's far to fussy to fit!

If you want a vista go for the simpler one http://www.jaws-motorcycles.co.uk/cruise1.jpg I've had one on several bikes and it works well.

However the one I use now is a Go cruise it's the best £20 I've ever spent on a bit of plastic it's so simple to fit,use,and take on and off! Look here under comfort section http://www.sportouring.com/index.php  Go Cruise Throttle control
Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 09:27:12 AM by blumeeni
Cheers Blu

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CRF1000
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 09:20:18 AM
*Originally Posted by blumeeni [+]
Don't bother with this one it's far to fussy to fit! If you want a vista go for the simpler one http://www.jaws-motorcycles.co.uk/cruise1.jpg

I've had this on several bikes and it works well however the one I use now is a Go Cruise Throttle control

I agree with Bluemeeni and intend to buy the Go-cruise version so thanks for the link Blu  :305:

Offline blumeeni

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 11:43:05 AM
Your welcome! Oh forgot to say, there's two sizes you'll want the small for the CT.
The large us for stuff like cruisers with big fat grips!
Cheers Blu

Offline Steve1300

• Crosstourer Member
  • City / Town: Bredene
Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 09:07:19 PM
*Originally Posted by scotsy [+]
I agree with Bluemeeni and intend to buy the Go-cruise version so thanks for the link Blu  :305:
I had this simple vista also on my bike before.
Unfortunately there is not enough space with the original heated grips to mount the simple vista or i have to cut into the heated grip what i do not risk  :034:
Maybe the go cruise will be the most simple solution for the times i need a cruise control  :002:

Offline blumeeni

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 09:14:36 PM
Yep your right that was why I went for the go cruise
Cheers Blu