Author Topic: Crosstourer vs....  (Read 2041 times)

Offline gonzohop

• Crosstourer Member
  • City / Town: Bournemouth
Crosstourer vs....
on: July 06, 2013, 08:39:39 AM
So, my biking chums had a little snigger when I rocked up on a Crosstourer, particularly as it was the DCT version. Yes, the jokes came - it's nothing but a big moped etc etc  :180:

This is a fast-riding, ex-club racing group born from sports bikes, now calming it down on big nakeds (we're starting to get on a bit now...). They're used to seeing me on a Gixxer 750, hence the sniggers. Pfff - elitist sports bikes snobs...

So we have:

3 x Kawasaki Z1000s
2 x Suzuki B-Kings
1 x Honda Crosstourer (in sport mode)

The route was mainly twisty A-roads with fast, sweeping corners, plenty of roundabouts, a few long straights.

From the off the right hand wasn't spared any twisting motion. They were out to embarrass the big Honda / moped.

... except she wasn't having any of it. A crack of the wrist and she dumped it down a gear, hitched up her skirt and rocketed after them. A wry smile came across my face as I could see them studying their mirrors and I could just imagine the puzzled looks hidden under the Shoei helmets and the not-quite-legal visors.

Even the twisty stuff was no problem. I even had to back it off a couple of times to prevent a Crosstourer / Z1000 fusion.

When we finally stop at our destination (KFC) she finally got the respect she deserves. "Bloody 'ell - that's a fast moped!". Pfff....

This is a great bike. Nuff said.  :152:

Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 04:15:15 PM by gonzohop

Offline cozmo1589

• Crosstourer Master
Re: Crosstourer vs....
Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 08:56:31 AM
*Originally Posted by gonzohop [+]
So, my biking chums had a little snigger when I rocked up on a Crosstourer, particularly as it was the DCT version. Yes, the jokes came - it's nothing but a big moped etc etc  :180:

This is a fast-riding, ex-club racing group born from sports bikes, now calming it down on big nakeds (we're starting to get on a bit now...). They're used to seeing me on a Gixxer 750, hence the sniggers. Pfff - elitist sports bikes snobs...

So we have:

3 x Kawasaki Z1000s
2 x Suzuki B-Kings
1 x Honda Crosstourer (in sport mode)

The route was mainly twisty A-roads with fast, sweeping corners, plenty of roundabouts, a few long straights.

From the off the right hand wasn't spared any twisting motion. They were out to embarrass the big Honda / moped.

... except she wasn't having any of it. A crack of the wrist and she dumped it down a gear, lifted up her skirt and rocketed after them. A wry smile came across my face as I could see them studying their mirrors and I could just imagine the puzzled looks hidden under the Shoei helmets and the not-quite-legal visors.

Even the twisty stuff was no problem. I even had to back it off a couple of times to prevent a Crosstourer / Z1000 fusion.

When we finally stop at our destination (KFC) did she get the respect she deserves. "Bloody 'ell - that's a fast moped!". Pfff....

This is a great bike. Nuff said.  :152:

Teriffic mate !!

Offline andyrob

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFRXDCT
  • City / Town: Sunny Glasgow
Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 10:00:04 AM
Hee hee! Good job.

Big bikes and its all about the rider.   :028:

After being on fat rubber for years the skinny tyres does give me a little concern but the pay off is nimbleness I suppose.

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 11:14:13 AM
Fantastic! I ride with a lot with a CB1000R and I've never been left behind yet. If I can get the suspension sorted out for those fast bumpy roads, I'll be gone...

Offline Manno

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Stockton on Tees
Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 09:45:42 PM
I love chasing sports bikes. The big girl can boogie!  :305:
RD50LC GT185 FZR600R ZZR1100C3 CBR1100XXW XR650R VFR1200X

arab-exile