Author Topic: Chuffed!  (Read 1866 times)

Offline gazbiker

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Crosstourer 1200
  • City / Town: brackley
Chuffed!
on: July 06, 2013, 08:20:21 AM
Guys

I've had my CT for over a year now and unbelievability up until last weekend I had never ridden it more than 100 miles. Last weekend i kitted the bike with all the panniers, invited the missus for a trip to Bridport (west Bay) where they filmed Broadchurch and off we went.

To say I'm chuffed would be a understatement, that bike is bloody brilliant! with the new air flow screen on, no more buffeting so nice and comfortable, just bags of grunt, I would often look down and think bloody hell am I really going that fast it is so easy to ride. Down the twisty bits it handled without any fuss, I cannot understand anyone who says these bikes do not handle, sure if you are trying to keep up with a sports bike it might be a hand full but if you want to ride like that buy a sports bike!

We got to West bay (200 miles) in three hours with a couple of small stop offs and I felt great no aches and pains like I used to get on the Guzzi.

To be honest I cannot think of another bike that would give me the same experience (except maybe the Beemers, but let's not go there!) so all in all I am very happy and planning my two trips abroad now, one to the Loire Valley and the other to the Italian lakes...can't wait!  :018:

Gazzer   
Fireblade, Guzzi 1200, Ducati 888, Honda Firestorm, Honda VTR

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Ayr
Re: Chuffed!
Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 09:35:53 AM
Easily the most comfortable bike over distance I have owned

Only a full on tourer I would suspect would be more comfortable  :031:

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 11:16:03 AM
The Givi made a big difference. I'm looking forward to my 10 days in the Alps in August - and we are riding there - no 'pussy' trailer trips!

Offline Eltar

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Fazer 8 '14
  • City / Town: Istanbul
Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 02:29:06 PM
*Originally Posted by Mika [+]
Easily the most comfortable bike over distance I have owned

Only a full on tourer I would suspect would be more comfortable  :031:

I fully agree. Its not like my old PanEuropean, but its not lacking in comfort in an way either.
average on my VFR1200X

Bikes owned: CBF250 - '08 V-Strom DL650 - '09 ST1300 Pan European - '13 VFR1200X - '14 Fazer 8

Offline wheeledwidewebb

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: DCT
  • City / Town: Ramsgate
Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 10:53:39 AM
*Originally Posted by Doc [+]
The Givi made a big difference. I'm looking forward to my 10 days in the Alps in August - and we are riding there - no 'pussy' trailer trips!

No 'pussy' trailer, you're half way there anyway  :305:

Offline Barbancourt

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200 X
  • City / Town: Drongen
Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 01:01:12 PM
Less than 2 weeks to wait before our trip to Italy. It's getting closer and closer.  :063:

Offline ojo

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200XD white
  • City / Town: Stans
Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 03:05:17 PM
Really really looking forward on our to be around three weeks Irland and Scotland journey ahead. Starting Wednesday evening  :305:
Around the world and back ... driven Honda motorbikes all over Europe, Australia, NewZealand, Japan, Russia .....
my latest trip: http://www.austral.omania.ch/index.html

Recent Topics