2012 07 24 19 42 14

Views: 228
Posted by: iec
in: iec
balade 5

Views: 226
Posted by: BRITINFRANCE
in: BRITINFRANC­E

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Aftermarket options for CT's suspension (Öhlins, Wilbers,HP, Matris,Gubellini..)  (Read 86895 times)

Offline CrossX

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: White Manual CT
  • City / Town: Valencia
Hi again mates,

I'd like to start this new topic regarding other options for aftermarket upgrading of our CT suspension.

I,ve been having a look through the Net and wrote to a couple of suspension makers...these are MATRIS (italian) and Wilbers (german)...and I found some nice stuff from them... along with Hyperpro, these two makers are what I have found for our bike at the moment...and now Öhlins and Gubellini...

It would be appreciated if anyone has tried some of these stuff and let us know his/her opinion.

I attach a pic of the Matris kit...the nice thing about them, is they have a completely adjustable FORK CARTRIDGE KIT with nice looking machine craft. You can adjust spring preload with no added tools (just by hand) click by click, and also clickable adjusters for rebound and compression damping...it,s not bad at all...the only thing is if they are reliable or not...for the moment it's the only brand I have found that has a kit like this specifically for the Crosstourer front forks...

I will also try to attach some pics from Wilbers stuff to see what your opinion is...they look also very nice...

Cheers  :031:

I beg your pardon in case the pics are not well attached. Let's see how I do.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 08:11:46 PM by CrossX »

Offline CrossX

• Crosstourer Pro
Re: Aftermarket options for upgrading CT suspension (Matris, Wilbers...)
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 12:14:12 PM »
A couple of more detailed pics...

What I really like about these Matris Kit is they seem to be very well crafted and very well designed to do its function...and also complete in adjustments.

They use linear springs...although I don´t know if this is an advantage or a disadvantage nowadays.

See what you think  :002:

Offline CrossX

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 01:00:24 PM »
And now some pics from Wilbers stuff...

Offline CrossX

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 01:10:24 PM »
One more...

Offline SunAndSea

• Ex Member
  • Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SA
  • City / Town: St Julians
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 04:37:55 PM »
So what do these cost?

Offline Allroadtoad

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 04:42:17 PM »
FWIW, you can have all the clicks you like but once your suspension is set to your liking, there are too few occasions where you`ll feel the need to alter those settings again. Been there done that. I much rather have a good client-manufacturer agreement: I say what I want, he delivers. That works best. All other options are just a waste of money I think...
`12 VFR1200X Silver
`98 DR650SE

Offline frank_b

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 06:43:19 PM »
Indeed the Hyperpro 461 shock

mounted on the CT

and

Adjusted by Hyperpro like Alltheroad said, but preload is easy when driving with luggage and/or duo pax
  or or

Offline CrossX

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 11:48:52 PM »
Really nice on your part 'cause this way we may have all available options and makers in the market that suit our CT... :002:

The more options the best...afterwards each one can choose depending on his preferences...

As far as I know, price for 640 shock from Wilbers is 499 € with manual spring preload adjuster + Rebound adjuster...and according to their catalogue, if you also want the option of Hydraulic Spring Preload by hose you must add 199 €... that totals 698 € with no compression damping adjusters...you can also choose Lenght Adjustment. Maybe, I shall send them an e-mail next monday and see wether they can add the compression damping option or not  :084:

Progressive fork springs from Wilbers for Crosstourer...99 € each.

And finally, WESA-X (Wilbers Electronic suspension Adjustment) is 998 €...only possibility of choosing three positions from remote control unit for electronic preload adjustment... soft, medium and hard...

Regarding Matris, you can find the complete fork cartridges in the Net for 764,72 €...have a look at:

http://www.carpimoto.com/EN/41598_Matris-Fork-Cartridge-Kit-for-Honda-Crosstourer.htm

Maybe you can find it cheaper or more expensive through the Net...it's just a matter of searching...

Now, I don't know the price for the Matris shock absorber but I'll try to find out.

:028:

« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 01:41:38 PM by CrossX »

arab-exile